Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Top 5 Best & Brightest LED Headlight Bulbs in 2023 - GTR Lighting, Morimoto, SV-4,

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    His opinion is just that His opinion ...... LED headlight bulbs are offered in many different levels of brightness ..... I agree the REFLECTOR makes a big difference ..... I found LED's sold by " Fahren " that lit up the night on my 2014 RT & they weren't even the brightest that Fahren offers ...... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the video Larry. With the amount of testing they do, I'm not sure we can say it is 'his opinion' Mike. There are many guys who do testing there and they present their tests with real evidence/results. Beam pattern, fit, brightness with real lumen testers, etc. Headlight Revolution knows their stuff.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I use the Fahren LED on my bike, I love them. They can be purchased on Amazon for about $40.
    Loving my 2020 RT-L

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Thanks for the video Larry. With the amount of testing they do, I'm not sure we can say it is 'his opinion' Mike. There are many guys who do testing there and they present their tests with real evidence/results. Beam pattern, fit, brightness with real lumen testers, etc. Headlight Revolution knows their stuff.
    Well it looked like He TESTED about 1000 LED's .... and narrowed it down to 5 .... and I recommended the Fahren's after TESTING them ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

One important spec is left out- color temp of the light. Unfortunately, as we've watched the progression of headlights from open to sealed bulbs to halogen to HID we then equate bluer=better, which is why you see idiots out there with blue gels over their halogen bulbs. 6500K is brighter on some meters, yes, but I will argue that 6500K and even 6000K bulbs are inferior to 5500K light for real world application. High blue content in light screws up dark adaption. This means that detail (again, compared to 5500K) is lost outside the edge of the beam, and oncoming drivers eyes take longer to recover.
    Guys running 6800K+ bulbs should be shot. ;-)
    Problem is, I can't find any LED bulbs below 6K.

Spyder Garage

If I remember right the LEDS Lamonster sells are under 6500 k. I think they are 4500k. Also the LEDS that Mike is recommending are available in several different K's.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2023 at 09:33 AM. Reason: La...

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze