Spyder Garage

Default Is there a such thing as Handle Bar Risers for a 2014 STS?

Hello everyone. Very new to the Spyder world and am looking to extend my bars. Has anyone purchased Handle Bar Risers for a 2014 STS? If so, where? Everything I read is from a long time ago. Also, maybe changing the bars is my only option. I read handlebars from an RT would be my best bet. Anyone done this and if so, what year would I be looking for?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-09-2023 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hi Heyg, Welcome to the Forum & posting!! Just a quick housekeeping note - I've removed the 'HOWTO:' prefix from your thread title cos that prefix is reserved for the How To: DIY guides & vids etc that members post up about what they've done to their Spyders rather than for asking questions about what/how to do things!

But if you have a look/search thru that DIY Sub-forum, you may well find some threads that've been put up by some of those who have changed their ST bars for RT bars, which has definitely been done! Also, don't worry about those threads being old, doing that swap hasn't changed at all for any ST's from their first release back in 2009/10 up until 2015/16 when they stopped making ST's; and the RT bars were effectively the same from their inception in 2010 right thru 'til the latest model change in 2018/19ish... So you're good there, but you might need to dig a bit deeper to find out what Risers are still available - Lamonster Garage can probably help there, just click on the logo up toward the top right of the page!

Still, Search should help you a lot here, there are definitely some posts & even a few threads mentioning the risers they've used and how to do this handlebar swap, it's just a matter of digging them out - altho there's probably not a great deal of point in trying to ask questions on them & expecting to get a response from members who haven't visited the Forum since 2015/16 or earlier But if you look at the date on the post starting the thread, and the dates on the last few posts in the thread, &/or on any post you might want to query/reply to as well - if those dates are more than a year or so old, you might be better off clicking on the poster's profile alongside their post & checking the 'last activity date' under their name, & if it's recent, drop them a PM; but if that date's more than a few months back, they've probably moved on.... If you check out the average age of many of the members here, you'll soon be able to work out why so many early members no longer ryde!!

Good Luck! And if you have any hassles with any of this, or just want to ask how to get the best from the Forum, drop me or any of the other Mods a PM & we'll try to help.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!