Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Just guessing here but the Powervision doesn't give you the ability to bypass the mode button fiasco ???
    Not that I'm aware of. Mine doesn't.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

You must have lucked on the ''bank robbers model'' Pete. Mine I get hate mail for holding up the queue at the discount fuel station. 6 attempts isn't uncommon, I'm going to spend the money just to get rid of the son of a b.........!
    So you have to hit the mode button quite a few times before the safety message disappears, Cobwebs? Now THAT’S a bugger. I now understand your frustration

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never had mine apart, so I don't know what the connection is or how it functions behind the mode button. Have you tried holding it down and hitting start? Maybe someone else here has had that button housing apart. Before I went to the sledge hammer fix-it method I'd give a tiny shot with WD40. I'm sure you've done everything except turn the Spyder upside down and press the mode button to make it work. Could it be connected to your brake light system and that's causing the problem?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-10-2023 at 07:31 PM. Reason: ge, Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Pretty close, but I believe you do the flash yourself, at home, using the MyGenius, which comes with the new tune loaded, Terry. Only you can make the call as to whether you believe it is of value to you. For me, it was worth every penny.

Pete
    Thanks Pete, but I was just reading what they had to say on their email reply to me, regarding how to get the flash and also the MyGenius. So I am guessing that you have to pay for the flash file plus the MyGenius. It looks like a $900 hit total.
    Last edited by TerryTheSpyderRyder; 03-10-2023 at 05:26 PM.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

Himm. Interesting reading. I have been looking at Lamonster's PedalBox. $289 us.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I've never had mine apart, so I don't know what the connection is or how it functions behind the mode button. Have you tried holding it down and hitting start? Maybe someone else here has had that button housing apart. Before I went to the sledge hammer fix-it method I'd give a tiny shot with WD40. I'm sure you've done everything except turn the Spyder upside down and press the mode button to make it work. Could it be connected to your brake light system and that's causing the problem?
    I'll pull it apart and see what makes it tick. I do like the extra advantages the Powervision offers, pricewise about $750 here v Monster tune stage 2 $700. New l/h switch block about $700 yikes!
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

I'll pull it apart and see what makes it tick. I do like the extra advantages the Powervision offers, pricewise about $750 here v Monster tune stage 2 $700. New l/h switch block about $700 yikes!
    Power vision is only $450 if you buy from fuel moto,will include the tune, just call them

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    Himm. Interesting reading. I have been looking at Lamonster's PedalBox. $289 us.
    Pedal Box ( and pedal Commander) only quicken throttle response. Neither units have anything to do with ECU tuning. That said, maybe that is all you'd want? I use a pedal Commander along with my PV mapping.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Pedal Box ( and pedal Commander) only quicken throttle response. Neither units have anything to do with ECU tuning. That said, maybe that is all you'd want? I use a pedal Commander along with my PV mapping.
    Well, I am a little under impressed with having a 3-cylinder 1330cc that needs to be 1/2 way up through the rev range before it wakes up and actually delivers some power. Reminds me of the two strokes back in the day - Blu blu blu with almost nothing, to waaaa wwaaaa and it's all on in the upper 1/2 of the rev range.

So if it cures that, well yes, that's what I am after. For me, the engine has enough oomph, but 1/2 the time its unavailable. Shouldn't have to go down 2 gears to wake it up. Make sense?

I guess the answer is if it cures that, then yes, I think so. The Spyder is fast enough for me and my riding over-all, but I don't want to have to wring its neck to access some low rev power.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2023 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hmm, so are you saying it's a built in feature of the Dynojet to shortcut the message (I didn't see that stated on their website) or are you and Peteoz recruiting for your next heist?
    I have the Stage 2 from Monster/WickIt and I can start the bike WITHOUT pressing the mode and drive off!! BUT, I still have the stoopid message scrolling, so at some point I do have to press the Mode button if I wanna see anything else on the dash. But at least I have made a clean get-a-away....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    Thanks Pete, but I was just reading what they had to say on their email reply to me, regarding how to get the flash and also the MyGenius. So I am guessing that you have to pay for the flash file plus the MyGenius. It looks like a $900 hit total.
    Yes….$700usd for stage 1 and the Genius. $900usd for stage 2 and the Genius. However, as Auspost have lost 2 shipments of mine recently (one sent and one received - NOT ), I am less than willing to ship my ECM through them any more

PETE
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I have the Stage 2 from Monster/WickIt and I can start the bike WITHOUT pressing the mode and drive off!! BUT, I still have the stoopid message scrolling, so at some point I do have to press the Mode button if I wanna see anything else on the dash. But at least I have made a clean get-a-away....
    Ah right, didn't know it was like that.
    Officer: How fast did you think you were going?
    Me: A bit under safety card.

Think I might contact the dudes that sell the Powervision units, they claim custom tunes but whether that extends to me having a pile of unexplained wealth or not might the clincher.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Now that's funny!!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

my stock 2018 F3L - i turn the key hit the mode button then starter all within a couple of seconds. No message or anything. Spyder is ready to go. So I don't see the mode button as causing me much inconvenience.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I had the reflash with stage 2 from wick-it and also own a buds system, no problems found in the bud's system.

Spyder Garage

Quick update for anyone wondering. Dynojet replied to tell me they can't delete the bank robbery button function with their unit and they've done no testing around Silicon Valley lately.hidesbehindsofa.gif
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Come to think of it , on my trike (F3-S) I just have to hold the brake, press the mode switch and it's ready to start. No waiting for any messages.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black