Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

God love all of you that strike off on a misson of such like this! I do not think ether myself or the bride would want to do such a thing, 250-300 miles in a day is enough for me. I turn into a zombie after 400.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

im doing four corners starting middle of may 12000 mile 26 days its a charity ride with 20 or so other riders

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your successful IB1000 run!

I failed back at the end of March 2014 on my Triumph Trophy SE. Plan was slab to Va and ride the mountains for 4 hrs then slab home (1,100mi). Left NJ at midnight and rode into a snow storm at 5am on i80 in PA. Semis crashed and closed i80 between exits near College Park till 9:30am when plow opened cut-thru back east. Aborted and rode back home after standing on the shoulder in snow for 4.5 hrs. They don't give Participation Trophies for a 400 mile slip & slide.

Moral of the story is Do the IB in summer!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Good on you blacklightning for getting it done! I’m sure you learned a lot about how you could do the next one better. Did all my IBA rides on my Honda CTX1300. My first was a SaddleSore1000, totaling 1,095 miles in 20hr 47min with 11 stops. A little rain, good roads, but lots of rural stuff with small towns. Learned a lot about what to do and what not to do on this one. Less than a month later, set out from south Texas to a meetup with other CTX1300 riders in North Carolina. Finished the SS1000 part of that trip in Nashville, TN, with 1,116 miles (about 200 of that in rain at night!) in 19hr 09min on 6 stops. Continued on, and (taking the long way) finished a BunBurner1500 Silver in NC by traveling a total of 1,582 miles in 27hr 54min on 9 total stops. Prior to these, my longest day trips were on the order of 300 miles or so. Since these, have had several 500 to 700 mile day rides, no problems - now that I know how to do them more efficiently.

Have a IBA RideAroundTexas mapped/planned out for possible attempt on the F3S - well over 3K miles in about 85hrs, with 18 mandatory checkpoints ...
    Last edited by BCNewell; 03-11-2023 at 11:33 AM.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Man, none of this sounds very fun to me. I am a slow rider who likes to see the scenery and wave at the kids I see playing in their front yards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    Man, none of this sounds very fun to me. I am a slow rider who likes to see the scenery and wave at the kids I see playing in their front yards.
    Me & you both!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A question, late I know.
    Why start an Iron Butt run at midnight? I started mine at 6am, finishing at 5am. (Napped and ate cake X1.)

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    A question, late I know.
    Why start an Iron Butt run at midnight? I started mine at 6am, finishing at 5am. (Napped and ate cake X1.)
    Starting at 12am had us getting to the dealership and checking in around mid day. Also I would rather end my ride closer to the evening rather than between midnight and noon. I have a tendency to doze when I get tired and the darkness after midnight would be too tempting. But that is just me. Leaving at midnight also got us through the tough traffic areas during less traffic.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Hi All,
    I would like to tie in on Fat Baxter's post. My buddy and I are going to attempt to do the four corners run in May. (That is if the snow ever leaves Minnesota?!) Not going to to Iron Butt it, just hit the corners with no time deadline and non-freeway driving. My question is: How amenable are Can Am dealers to fitting "out of area" riders in with emergency repairs? I found BMW dealerships to be very helpful across the country when emergency repairs were needed. The route I am planning will be around 10,000 miles so oil change at least will be needed?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

im doing 4 corners in may-june also 26 days 12000 miles luckly swingin thru indy for race so ill change oil the and not worry about it till i get home

Spyder Garage

Fat Boy, When are you planning to be in Key West?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

probably 14 of june