Spyder Garage

Question After Recommendations on a Ryker Tool kit?

Hi all!

Which tool kit do you have for long rydes on your Ryker?

I know there is a cool Ski-Doo one by BRP haha.

Recommendations on a Ryker Tool kit, and how do you carry it along with you on your Ryke?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2023 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Hi all!

Which tool kit do you have for long rydes on your Ryker?

I know there is a cool Ski-Doo one by BRP haha.

Recommendations on a Ryker Tool kit, and how do you carry it along with you on your Ryke?

Thanks!
    IMHO - just think about what might break and if you had the tools to do the job ....could it be accomplished .... then pick out any spare tools that you own and carry those with you. ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Lamonster has one listed for the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Cool where??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Cool where??
    Click on the Lamonster Garage logo up toward the top right corner of the page, then type 'Ryker Tool Kit' into the search field, & enter!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I wasn't impressed with that tool kit. Seems overpriced for what's in it...and what's the 36mm socket for? The wheel nut takes a 65mm socket. If that socket was included it might be worth the price.

Spyder Garage

Did a response but evidently it did not post. My fault. I say to make your own tool kit.

Start with the wheel socket and a 3/8 adapter for the 1/2" hole. If needed there are lots of ratchets you can borrow if you do not carry one. Torque??? In an emergency you just stand on the darn thing off and on. Adjust that stuff later.

I also carry an air pump. It is electrical with lithium battery, charged by an SD cord that fits your outlet in the frunk. Now add a simple tire plugging tool to be ready to try and deal with flats. Add miscellaneous driver bits and a tool to hold them plus some sockets you think you might need, an adjustable wrench, a rag and whatever. Just dump that loose stuff in a bag of sorts. Throw all the mess into the frunk along with the owner's book. I also have a multi SD cord with outlets for iPhone, Garmin XT and conventional android power.

If something in that kit does not work, bring whisky and your AAA card for towing.
    Last edited by Captainmal; 03-08-2023 at 07:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Did a response but evidently it did not post. My fault. I say to make your own tool kit.

Start with the wheel socket and a 3/8 adapter for the 1/2" hole. If needed there are lots of ratchets you can borrow if you do not carry one. Torque??? In an emergency you just stand on the darn thing off and on. Adjust that stuff later.

I also carry an air pump. It is electrical with lithium battery, charged by an SD cord that fits your outlet in the frunk. Now add a simple tire plugging tool to be ready to try and deal with flats. Add miscellaneous driver bits and a tool to hold them plus some sockets you think you might need, an adjustable wrench, a rage and whatever. Just dump that loose stuff in a bag of sorts. Throw all the mess into the frunk along with the owner's book. I also have a multi SD cord with outlets for iPhone, Garmin XT and conventional android power.

If something in that kit does not work, bring whisky and your AAA card for towing.
    Haha that's awesome - thanks for sharing!

Spyder Garage

Whatever you get, every tool kit for any motorcycles needs a 10 MM wrench for battery posts. I got one with a 10mm socket on one end and open end other end.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Charged Cel-Phone ... I'm mechanically challenged.