Spyder Garage

Default A Note For Peter Aawen

Peter, I was wondering if there is any way that pictures posted by forum members can be enlarged by modifying something in the way that they are uploaded. Admittedly, I have no idea if/how this could be done. I find that the pictures, particularly ones such as a bulletin from BRP or something similar. I find - for me anyway - that they are virtually impossible to read. I think it would be helpful for folks here. Just an idea.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am not Peter and I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I find that if I put my thumb and index finger on the picture after I open it and then spread them apart, the picture will then enlarge to something that I can see. This would be on an old Galaxy Tab E or on my current S21. I can't remember off hand what I do on my laptop. I'll have to go check it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2023 at 09:56 AM. Reason: " - ' ;-)

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

That should work IF the pic has been loaded as a thumbnail (you can make sure that happens if you load via the 'Manage Attachments' method ) but if it's been inserted into the text of the post as an image, then you'll often find that what you've got is as good as you ever gonna get!! If you don't have a touch-screen, then double clicking on any thumbnail should open it to it's 'full' loaded size, but you still should be able to enlarge that by dragging any corner out & away.

All that said, if someone takes an 'only vaguely in focus' pic of a TSB, page in something like a manual, or whatever; then loads it up to the Forum using ANY method; enlarging said 'only vaguely in focus' pic/image/attachment probably isn't going to make it any easier to read.... Any image you see here will only be as good as the pic/image/attachment that was loaded, inserted, attached, or even stapled to the page... and there's not anything we can do about that, sorry!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2023 at 10:01 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Text needs to be uploaded as a pdf, not jpg
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is he using a cell phone or a computer?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Is he using a cell phone or a computer?
    I always check this forum on my desk top PC. How can you see any detail on a stupid cellphone???!!?? A 27" Dell monitor makes everything a breeze
    2014 RTL bought in 3/20 with only 6,000 mi.
    Came with Garmin 660
    Car tires in 5/20; Elka stage 2 front shocks in 10/21

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never a Dell again for me but I agree with you on the screen real estate. And he even uses the moniker of oldguyinTX. LOL He's got to have a good sense of humor.

Spyder Garage

I use a desktop. It has a big screen. On a good day, I can actually sometimes maybe sorta even work my cell phone. It makes phone calls. It rings. Sometimes I can even answer it if I can get it unlocked, but then I have to remember the unlock code that my wisea** daughter put on it just to mess with my head. I should have stayed away from all that stuff I did in my youth. Oh wait - I was young? I don't remember.

hippie.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic