Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Why hasn't the belt fell off yet, maybe not quite enough angle Get it up to 200mph and post the results
    Think I'd drop the belt and shock bolt, jack it up and wriggle the bejeezus out of it.
    Are you the original owner or did you buy it like that?
    I bought it at 960km...from a dealer, now 12000km. The belt is moving about 3mm to the left, going forward, and to the right going backwards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SERGIU View Post
    I bought it at 960km...from a dealer, now 12000km. The belt is moving about 3mm to the left, going forward, and to the right going backwards.
    So it is possible it may have been involved in an accident before you took ownership and as you say you've only noticed it since you removed the rear fender? If so you need to start measuring stuff as some have suggested and check those swingarm bearings.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    The little slashes that are on the very outside tread on the left side are missing on the right side. Look closely in an enlarged view of the photo and I think you will see the difference. Good luck.[/SIZE]
    No, I can’t see that, red, but then my eyes aren’t what they used to be…….I’ll take your word for it

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    So it is possible it may have been involved in an accident before you took ownership and as you say you've only noticed it since you removed the rear fender? If so you need to start measuring stuff as some have suggested and check those swingarm bearings.
    There is no play at all in swing arm, so it looks like the bearings/shaft are ok. The pics from new were also ok, so the bike was really new.

Spyder Garage

Give us a picture of that wheel with a square on the ground beside it!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

There is Definitely increased wear on the far right side of the tire tread!
    The little slashes that are on the very outside tread on the left side are missing on the right side. Look closely in an enlarged view of the photo and I think you will see the difference. Good luck.[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    No, I can’t see that, red, but then my eyes aren’t what they used to be…….I’ll take your word for it

Pete
    I reckon that if you look closely at a TOYO TR1 pic provided by the tire manufacturer (linked below) those 'little slashes' that you can't see on the right of Sergiu's pic aren't actually there!!

Admittedly, the image in the pic below is flipped the other way around, so you can see the 'little slashes' are on the Right, but NOT on the Left - so your eyes aren't necessarily all that bad Pete!.

https://www.toyotires.eu/tire/pattern/proxes-tr1

Regardless, as Sergiu has confirmed, the pics of his Spyder show it with the new tire on it, so there's no appreciable wear on it to see - not yet, anyway!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I reckon that if you look closely at a TOYO TR1 pic provided by the tire manufacturer (linked below) those 'little slashes' that you can't see on the right of Sergiu's pic aren't actually there!!

Admittedly, the image in the pic below is flipped the other way around, so you can see the 'little slashes' are on the Right, but NOT on the Left - so your eyes aren't necessarily all that bad Pete!.

https://www.toyotires.eu/tire/pattern/proxes-tr1

Regardless, as Sergiu has confirmed, the pics of his Spyder show it with the new tire on it, so there's no appreciable wear on it to see - not yet, anyway!
    some pics with the old original tire, just look at those 2 wear marks ! At least 1mm difference between left and right -

20230307_200621.jpg 20230307_200734.jpg

20230307_200824.jpg 20230307_200948.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-07-2023 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display; & list - least ;-)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for those pics Sergiu, they help make it clear!

Altho, just to clarify a bit, those little tabs across the grooves we can see that have the lines embossed across their tops (clearly shown at the bottom Right of the bottom Right pic above - they are the only tabs you can see in that pic! ) AREN'T the Tread Wear Indicators, they are just tread stabilisation blocks & breakers in the grooving intended to force any water, slush etc to leave the grooves as the tire rotates.

If you look just a little further around the tire, there'll be some similar tabs across the grooves, but they'll be a little lower/deeper in the grooves, they won't have the embossed lines across their tops, and if you look at the sidewall, just on the edge where the sidewall starts to turn across into the tread, there'll be a little Triangle marker embossed with its pointy end pointing at those little tabs - THEY are the 'real' Tread Wear Indicators. In the Top Left pic, the first pic above, you can see the 'real' Tread Wear Indicators a little further away from you as you move your view around the tire - they are near the top of the visible bit of tire, closer to the middle of the pic; while those more in focus & closer to the Right edge of that first pic clearly have the lines across the top of the block on the top right tab, & so aren't the tabs you need to watch! You need to look for the little Triangle marker on the sidewall just at the edge of the tread, & you should be able to see it fairly clearly once you know what to look for.

Going by the 'REAL' Tread Wear Indicators, you probably had maybe another 1000 km or so of wear left in that tire before it hit the minimum safe tread depth on the left most/lower tab.... But yeah, the tire was clearly wearing more on one side than the other, and that needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-07-2023 at 03:21 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

From the book.read-wear indicator.jpg