Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Seems to me that there are a bunch of people (the silent majority?) that are coming out of the background to post here. I think that alone justifies the thread.
    I feel a little better about the spyder after reading this thread.
    "I have not had the flu" is all I can add to this.

Spyder Garage

Another 150 miles through the northwest wine country of Connecticut today w/my wife.

No issues...

Steering has never had issues...

Living large.

Sorry for the few w/issues... I ain't one of them.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    As we have all seen lately, much of the forum is becoming dedicated to posts about the problems people are having with their Spyders. This is a great place to discuss those issues, and they are very serious concerns for those that have them as well. I also know that some people are reading about them and are posting they are know scared to be a Spyder Ryder.

What I would like to see in this thread is for people who are not having problems to check in and just let us know. I have a feeling there are many more people without issues that are just not posting about it. Perhaps if they chime in as well we can get some sort of perspective on how widespread these issues really are.

If you would be so kind as to post your Spyder's year and model that would be great as well.

I am a very happy owner I have never had any problems and hope to never have

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

But just to cover the bases----

*I currently do not have any problems
    , nor does my Spyder - .
    *Now, we all know THAT'S an easily debatable statement! Possibly some stelazine is in your future?

B.O.T...SPYDER is running fine. 10K mi. Keep those upbeat posts coming!!

Spyder Garage

#459, 12,600 miles, purchased Dec. 07, no updates or flu shot, runs like a champ, did have the steering lockup once at 10,000 miles and then get squirrely on the way home, tightened the ground under the seat, haven't had a problem since. Being that i have an early spyder and there are many updated parts out, dps.etc, and reading about everyone else's problems, i keep expecting something to fail at any moment, but hasn't, knock on wood. This is one of the best threads in a long time, nice to see an upbeat, positive thread for a change, I feel very fortunate to have a trouble free spyder so far, but reading only about all the problems makes me think it's going to break at any moment, just hasn't happened. It's nice to know there are many reliable spyders out there and if i were thinking of buying one, this thread might make the difference, so roll the dice and hope you get a good one, the're out there. I understand the frustration of those that have had problems and i would be very upset also if i couldn't ride for weeks while it sat in the shop, but don't "rain on our parade" those that were fortunate to get a trouble free spyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Had a great weekend of trouble free riding. Rode at least 50 miles Friday, 100 Saturday, and another 200 today. I am currently looking at 4800 miles since September 9, 2009 without any major problems.

Thanks for all of the other posts in this thread as well.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

mine still has no problems except the weather (rain) may be the sad time of year when you have to put spydie away for the winter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Count me in!

'09 SE-5 with 2400 mi. All updates. Happier with every ride.

This thread had me looking back on the other 33 bikes I have owned. Guess what:

I modified every one of them (dirt & street) until I got it the way I wanted it. Just like my Spyder.

I had various issues with all of them, from catastrophic failure to loose filter clamps. I dealt with all of them at home or at the dealer. Just like my Spyder.

I learned from every one of them and had a definite opinion about each, good or bad. Just like my Spyder.

When I had a good bike I just didn't want to come home. I wanted to stay out and ride forever. Just like my Spyder.

With my physical limitations (OK, age) I would not be riding at all if I didn't own my Spyder.

So folks I gotta tell you....I love my spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Number 148, up and running 12K on it. have not had the second update. self oil changes, no squealing brakes, running smooth!! knock on wood

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    As we have all seen lately, much of the forum is becoming dedicated to posts about the problems people are having with their Spyders. This is a great place to discuss those issues, and they are very serious concerns for those that have them as well. I also know that some people are reading about them and are posting they are know scared to be a Spyder Ryder.

What I would like to see in this thread is for people who are not having problems to check in and just let us know. I have a feeling there are many more people without issues that are just not posting about it. Perhaps if they chime in as well we can get some sort of perspective on how widespread these issues really are.

If you would be so kind as to post your Spyder's year and model that would be great as well.

I think this thread was and is the best one I have ever seen. Most threads are for problems people are having. But this one was for the rest of us that are just having fun with their with no problems. It shows that there are a lot of us out there.

Thanks

Don

Spyder Garage

Mine's an '08 SE5. I got in June of this year and have put about 1,600 miles on it. It would be more if it wasn't for the fixes and updates, I've had them all. Right now it's voluntarily grounded. This DPS issue is getting out of hand and since I have a perfectly good Valkyrie Interstate to ride, I'll wait it out for a reasonable amount of time. If BRP doesn't step up soon, I'd be happy to join any collective action that would protect us and any future Spyder riders.

Tripod

Spyder Garage

+1
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Sorry you're put off by this but as I stated, there are many threads where people discuss problems. Why come on one that is titled for those who aren't having problems and post your stuff?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post

The purpose of this thread was supposed to be for people without any problems, there are plenty of threads about the problems.
    Did I say I had a problem? No, I said I've had the same issues everyone else has had. I currently choose not to ride it until BRP comes up with a fix for the obviously dangerous DPS. I'm not willing to be their crash test dummy. I'm a happy Spyder Owner...happy with BRP ?...not so much.

I'll leave your love fest now...oh yeah, put that wagging finger...just use your imagination.

Tripod

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    Did I say I had a problem? No, I said I've had the same issues everyone else has had. I currently choose not to ride it until BRP comes up with a fix for the obviously dangerous DPS. I'm not willing to be their crash test dummy. I'm a happy Spyder Owner...happy with BRP ?...not so much.

I'll leave your love fest now...oh yeah, put that wagging finger...just use your imagination.

Tripod
    Don't worry Tripod I started another roll call thread to address the needs of all spyder owners not just that of a select group. You are most welcome at the REAL DEAL - Rollcall. All owners are welcome to participate.

Spyder Garage

Tripod
    Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Sorry you're put off by this but as I stated, there are many threads where people discuss problems. Why come on one that is titled for those who aren't having problems and post your stuff?

Tripod, I'm not meaning to tick you off but this thread was started by someone wanting all those without problems to post here. I realize it's a free country, freedom of speech and all that but this thread wasn't intended for those comments.

If you'll notice, I haven't posted about my Spyder in this thread because I didn't feel I met the criteria of having a trouble free Spyder.
    Last edited by bjt; 11-28-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When this thread was started, I also started another one for those who were having problems to report in. That thread ended up being closed by me as there was no participation, due to the fact I was asking for too many details to include a portion of your VIN number. This was my attempt at gathering data in one place to try to figure out what Spyders are having problems and which ones were not.

This thread was not started as a "Love Fest" either. There was a time when it appeared every thread on the forum dealt with problems only. I had a feeling there were a lot more Spyder owners like myself that were not having problems, but never posted for some reason. I actually think this thread was very effective for drawing those people out and many of them posted here for the first time. It also lent credence to the fact even though we know some people are having trouble with their Spyders, it is not every single Spyder out there.

With that being said, BRP has actually corrected the steering issues for quite a few members of this forum recently. If you have chosen to park your Spyder, and have not taken it to a dealership to get the repair process started then how can you possibly blame BRP for inefficiency?

Best of luck to you.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Running great

1800 miles since July, running great.

Spyder Garage

Default No problems my Dealer didn't take care of right away...

I had the squeaky front brakes (replaced under warranty), a bad license plate light cable (replaced under warranty), and rough running in the 100+ degree California weather caused by the 1st steering update (I have the Hindle). The 2nd steering update cured the rough running.

Nothing else to report. My Spyder has been dependable and a joy to ryde for over 19,000 miles in 14 months

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I now have just over 5,000 miles on my Spyder (bought it Sept 9, 2009), and am still enjoying every moment I get to ryde it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

'08 RED 990 SE
    NO PROBLEMS YET...KNOCK ON WEB
    Last edited by Motza; 11-28-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Mine's an '08 SE5. I got in June of this year and have put about 1,600 miles on it. It would be more if it wasn't for the fixes and updates, I've had them all. Right now it's voluntarily grounded. This DPS issue is getting out of hand and since I have a perfectly good Valkyrie Interstate to ride, I'll wait it out for a reasonable amount of time. If BRP doesn't step up soon, I'd be happy to join any collective action that would protect us and any future Spyder riders.

Tripod
    So you're having steering issues?

Did I say I had a problem? No
    Ok, sorry, I should have read all the threads before I posted above. Since you're not having any problems I'd say you qualify to post on this "No Problems" thread. It is curious that you're not riding your perfectly fine Spyder because something MIGHT go wrong.... AMAZING!

And you're not going to ride it again until BRP fixes it....
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-28-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Second update fixed the first one & that was my first problem, sooo 8900 mi & no problems.

Spyder Garage

One Major Problem
    Not enough time to Ryde

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No real problems since steering got fixed - a little brake squeeking while cold, but that goes away quickly, and I LOVE the rumble, snap-crackle-pop from that sweet-voiced Hindle!!!

'09 SE in "Arrest Me Red" (a cop friend nicknamed the color)
    Purchased Sept 11, '09
    Just over 2500 miles on now....
    Mileage averaging between 28 and 32 mpg