Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    No power steering out of the crate to about 7,600 miles when Lamont rode it and discovered the problem. I didn't know because I had nothing to compare it to.
    G'day Ron,
    How do find the ride with and without DPS.
    Can you notice much difference when you are riding now that it is working.
    Andrew Gaze
    2008 Full Moon SM5 PE#979

I am one very happy owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2008 SM5. No problems, no updates. Runs perfect. Had a great summer with 5502 trouble free miles. Hopefully today won't be my last ride of the season. Weather in New England was great today. Rode 100 miles. Love my , the friends I made and the great time I had riding this well oiled machine.

BillGargan

2009 SE5 with 4,800+ since 4/23/09 -- and ZERO PROBLEMS.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No majors here

Red 09 SE5 -- only had a slight oil leak where Tech put seal on oil pan wrong -- runs awesome

Registered Users moroccomole2004's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Only Minor Problems

I have yet to experience any major issues which would cause me grave concern to my life. Yes I have experienced some of the technical issues, such as bad GPS, the RPM surge after DSP #1, squeaky brakes, but you know what BRP, through my dealership (go FMS!), has been a class act and FIXED ALL of these issues immediately. I went in for my 600 mile service and had DSP #1 done as well as the ground wire installed. Then I had some issues with the RPM surge. I recently had DSP #2 and the hose fix done and I can say my Spyder is back to its original running condition. That said I have rode since DSP #2 and did have some minor GPS issues (SE5 won't engage at start-up). So I feel that is a minor thing which I just shut down, wait 2 mins and let the system reset. Like I said my Spyder is back to its original running condition .

Mole
    2008 Red SE5 - F1 ADJUSTABLE screen w/motto bracket, Powerlet Outlet, ESI - 4" Risers; Up & Out Mirror Extensions; Front LED Turn Signals w/fender tips, Hindle, KM Highway Peg Mounts w/Spider Pegs, BRP Comfort Seat w/Sports Rack and Backrest, TJ's Custom Rear Peg Extenders, Evoluzione Powerbus, BRP Fog Lights, Custom HID Headlights, BRP Six Spoke Rims, GloRyder's, BRP Tank Bag w/Powerlet, KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS w/Throttle Boss, Scorpio i800 Alarm, K&N 33-2006 Filter

Spyder Garage

Default ALL IS OK

2009 red SE5 I have had the 1st up date done may have the other one done no problems 3,200 miles and loving it

Spyder Garage

Default Good yellow one.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcruzin View Post
    2009 red SE5 I have had the 1st up date done may have the other one done no problems 3,200 miles and loving it
    2009 Yellow SM5--7000 miles---No real problems.

Michael

WE DON'T QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD; WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE QUIT PLAYING

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

update to the update done 10000kms runs great.

Spyder Garage

Default never a problem

approaching 3000 mile very quickly 2009 manual trans. no problems so far first update only done, ride it in everything but snow, love my spyder I ride it very rough like a sportbike should be hitting 100 mph every day I dont baby it at all so if there an issue it would of happened by now. I havent done any upgrades to the bike so far but I plan to do some appearance and comfort upgrades in the winter when I am not riding.
    Last edited by jeremy taflinger; 11-01-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

OK, I think it's a wonderful idea but it's not gonna work. People in here are posting to this thread NO problems when indeed they had a problem, such as a cracked water bottle, squeaky breaks, steering incident and all were fixed. Nice everything got resolved but I don't think it belongs in the NO problems thread. To me, and there are some lucky folks in here, NO problems means NOTHING, nada, zip that happened to them.

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arana View Post
    08 SM5 over 3000 miles, just a little steering issue, fixed, bothe updates done and no problems. Love the feeling of riding this machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    As we have all seen lately, much of the forum is becoming dedicated to posts about the problems people are having with their Spyders. This is a great place to discuss those issues, and they are very serious concerns for those that have them as well. I also know that some people are reading about them and are posting they are know scared to be a Spyder Ryder.

What I would like to see in this thread is for people who are not having problems to check in and just let us know. I have a feeling there are many more people without issues that are just not posting about it. Perhaps if they chime in as well we can get some sort of perspective on how widespread these issues really are.

If you would be so kind as to post your Spyder's year and model that would be great as well.

I have 2 Spyders and no issues that I can blame BRP. I also will have to say I am very pleased with our mechanic at World of Powersports in Decatur, Illinois. His name is Andy and he is an avid reader of this cloumn and stays current with all of the BRP Bulletins. I'm not a mechanic and rely heavily on Andy and he has always done a great job. For me, that is the key, to be able to trust your mechanic. I also have had many other bikes, and they all caused me more problems than the Spyder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

08 sm5 4700 miles no problems so far

Spyder Garage

09 SE5. Almost 3000 miles. No problems except an occasions surge around 3-4K rpms but as the other person mentioned I just ryde through it and it does great. Only upgrades so far is the windshield and GloRyders but fixing to add foglights and HIDs. LOVE IT!

Spyder Garage

no problems on my 09 spyder runs great, but no recalls or updates have been done either. over 3000 miles.

Spyder Garage

I've only had my 2009 Phantom Spyder for about 2 months, got around 1400 miles on it, but, it was still in the box when i bought it, so it had all the updates installed, and I haven't had any problems at all! (knock on wood)!

Spyder Garage

Default 09 SE5

My spyder has been perfect since I bought it in July, over 3200 miles, regular service (at 600 and 3000mi), and all BRP updates.

Many smiles per mile
    VERY HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

2009 Full Moon SE5 - trunk liner, 12 v, fog lights, Calsci large windshield, 4" NMN Risers,
    KURY ISO grips, throttleboss, KM mirror extensions, KM highway brackets with KURY ISO wings,
    Corbin Bags, saddles, Smuggler trunk, BRP Outdoor Cover, Zumo 550

Spyder Garage

Will be one year in November. 5000 + miles. Only the first update done, but so far so good. Still lovin' it.
    Lovin' My Spyder

Spyder Garage

I have a 2009 SE5, has had all updates etc., and never had any problems except I had to adjust the parking brake, but that was all. I purchased in March of 2009 and currently have over 9500 trouble free miles on it. Very happy with the Spyder.

John R. Bloise
    Dickson, TN

Very happy 2009 SE-5 Spyder owner since March 2009. Over 39,000 trouble free miles!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

'09 SM Phantom

No problems whatsoever. Lovin it more every time I go for a ride!

Skidz

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    OK, I think it's a wonderful idea but it's not gonna work. People in here are posting to this thread NO problems when indeed they had a problem, such as a cracked water bottle, squeaky breaks, steering incident and all were fixed. Nice everything got resolved but I don't think it belongs in the NO problems thread. To me, and there are some lucky folks in here, NO problems means NOTHING, nada, zip that happened to them.
    Hey lets look at the bright side of what you point out. These people you have singled out as those who have had problems that have been fixed are spyder lovers who have actually had problems (as you say) and yet still remain very positive about BRP and the spyder. Not a bad attitude if you ask me !!! Better to be an optimist then a pessimist, don't you think ???
    HAPPY 2008 SE5 OWNER 1" BRP Riser, NMN 3" risers, NMN Triple Play & Tail Light, Kewlmetal Mirror Extensions, Evoluzione Powerbus, BRP 23" Touring Windshield on CHAD Bracket, Ride-On in tires, J&M Integrator, Gerbings Dual Zone Temp Controller & Heated Gloves, 2 Dash Mounted 12V outlets, Kewlmetal Highway Brackets & Kuryakyn pegs, Trunk Spring Mod, Vista Cruise Throttle Lock, Kuyrakyn L.E.D. Battery Guage

Spyder Garage

2008 SM5, 6,000 and no problems ,( sometimes gas fumes)

Spyder Garage

2008, SM5, low miles and zero problems. Had the parking brake upgraded part put on as an offensive measure rather than possibly ending up with a problem. No performance mods. It's the wife's ride and she loves it.

Spyder Garage

09 Full Moon SM5 with 3240kms bought July 21st.Had the first update done,milage droped for awhile (1200kms) then back to normal 38.I am a very happy owner just wish I could have had the second update done before it snowed here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2009 sm5, 2,000 miles. Update applied at 800 miles. Zero problems.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Does this mean no problems currently or never any problems at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I would say not having any problems now, or no major problems to report at all. Mine had the surging issue after the first DPS update, but the second update corrected all of that and the Spyder is running great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    As you can see from the quotes above, HDXBONES asked that question for clarification and I responded to it in what I felt was a legitimate answer. This thread is not meant to drive a wedge between those who are having problems and those who are not. I was actually hoping this would provide some type of balance where people reading the forum will be able to see that not all Spyders are having problems. Then they can make an informed decision as to whether they want to continue to accept the risk that comes with riding.

The fact that these posters have had their problems resolved, and do not feel it was a big deal is another side of the issues that many people never hear.

I know you are having big problems with your Spyder, and am truly sorry for that. I certainly hope they get it fixed and get you back on the road safely very soon. Hang in there the best you can.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods