Spyder Garage

Default What is the torque specs for 2014-2018 RT BRP hitch?

I can’t seem to find my old hitch installation directions. I looked on BRP and the number for the hitch has changed/ superseded for the new series and there are no instructions for my hitch available. Instructions only for the new series (which may be the same, but I remember people talking about the new series bolt is different so assume the specs are different.) My tech had to remove the hitch and I said no problem “I’ll reinstall it.” What is the torque for the castle nut/axle slide though bolt for the BRP 2014-2018 hitch? (the long bolt that slides through the inside of the axle) I was thinking it was 50 or 70 foot pounds but can’t remember. I remember it being less than the lug nuts. I did a quick search and can’t find it. Anyone know?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 03:50 AM. Reason: sp ' 's & fro ... ;-)

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

This I believe is the 11-13 series which looks the same as the 14-18 series as in build. This definitely has the smaller rear wheel and old style headlights compared to the version of instructions I had originally. According to this the torque lbs are 48 foot pounds which seems a bit low to me. What do you guys think as in the torque value should be for the 14-18 series. The same? (P10 and P12)

https://brp.my.salesforce-sites.com/...rans(en|en_US)

Here is the F3 series which looks like the RT pictures with the mud flap Etc. the F3 says don’t exceed 75 which sounds to me like what I did before. These instructions are showing the F3 wiring correct but not showing the F3 frame but the RT frame as in the hitch install. I wonder is BRP mixed them up when the new superseded came out.

https://brp.my.salesforce-sites.com/...rans(en|en_US)
    Last edited by Wmoater; 02-27-2023 at 01:52 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

AFAIK, they are all pretty much the same, they even changed the swing arms on the upmarket F3 models to match those on the RT's so that those F3's could accept the same hitch. So don't overthink this too much, there's no real difference between models or years in how the hitch goes on.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There's no need to worry about the torque since a cotter pin is used to prevent the nut from coming off even if it comes loose.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)