Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Link
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much for listing the link! I am not knowledgeable when it comes to doing such things!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    Thank you so much for listing the link! I am not knowledgeable when it comes to doing such things!
    If you do the work yourself, you may have trouble with the throttle dragging. You have to be careful not to over tighten the screws on the new collar.

Spyder Garage

Good Day
    talked to the service rep at the Can Am dealership. He told me his mechanic said that he can't put the cruise control assembly on my 2018 Spyder F3. Are they just saying this to discourage me from getting the cruise control?

Spyder Garage

Do not think your Controls on your F3 are different than mine? Part # listed above should fit! If you have the option, might check with different dealer! Sounds like they just did not want to, or know how to replaced the right side control? Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Default adding Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by stovebolt_six View Post
    Here is the part number you need: 710004146, cost me just a tad over $200 from the dealer, 2 1/2 hours worth of time, and some assistance from my lovely wife, and we now have cruise!!!!
    Does anyone have a video to watch to do this im definitely need cruise control

Spyder Garage

This is the only one I've found. Not that great, but you get the idea.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh9Azn_WHkQ

PART 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_HHtK2_-IA&t=870s
    Last edited by whoosh; 03-14-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Please check out how to install cruise posts. Should be one that gives you an overview! I did one on a 2020 base F3, plug and play! I removed complete top panel/ nose of bike, including speedometer. Took my time when removing and installing new end of cable, very tight fit if you use OEM path. Well worth the approx. $230.00 for new module.
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

Default F3 base adding cruise control

Are there any base model f3’s that you cannot add cruise control to? I am looking to upgrade from my ryker to a F3 (or F3S) but I am looking used for budgetary reasons. I found a used base model 2019 base f3 and the owner very clearly states in the ad that there is no cruise control, probably a question he has been asked many times. Can cruise control be added to it? If so, how difficult is it to do yourself?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    Are there any base model f3’s that you cannot add cruise control to? I am looking to upgrade from my ryker to a F3 (or F3S) but I am looking used for budgetary reasons. I found a used base model 2019 base f3 and the owner very clearly states in the ad that there is no cruise control, probably a question he has been asked many times. Can cruise control be added to it? If so, how difficult is it to do yourself?
    Answering the bold bit in order; YES, it can be added; and once you've got the right bits, if you can plug in a wiring connector & turn a screwdriver, then it's that easy!

IIRC, with the F3's, because the wiring loom is common across the entire model range & the ECU's are all basically the same, the wiring & cruise control capability is already all there; it's just that the RH Control Module doesn't have the switch for the Cruise Control. That switch is missing on the base model Control Modules, so to get Cruise to work, you either need to fabricate a switch yourself & wire it in/connect it up (might be a tad hard?!? ) or take the easy way out, pay your money & source an OEM RH Control Module, then fit it, plugging the wiring in when you do, & away you go, Cruise Control is installed & now functioning!

If you do a little bit of searching & some light reading, there's a few threads here from people who've done just this to their base model F3's; I believe there's even at least one person who's gone with the slightly harder former option.

Over to you! Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Yes it can be done - I did it on my 2013 ST.

Easiest way is to buy the control pod from the right-hand handle of a F3T or F3L and then trace the wires back through the body. Beyond that it is plug and play. Below is my video of doing this on my ST for reference.. the process will be largely the same, just.. different body work obviously

2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Technically it’s easy. In reality feeding the enormous plug through the bodywork is a royal pain. Pay the dealer an hour to do the work and save the headaches.

Spyder Garage

Default Can a BRP Cruise Control be installed on 2022 F3 Paddle Shift?

Can a brp cruise control be installed on the basic f3 ? It has a paddle shift
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2023 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Changed title to reflect OP's shift edit. ;-)

Spyder Garage

They are NOT manufacturing any more manual shifts. All semiauto, at least from 2020
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2023 at 04:45 PM. Reason: ' ' ;-)
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

There has been discussion about this and it said you can add the cruise. The bike has the same main harness for the F3 and the F3S that comes with cruise.
    Obviously you need the right handlebar cruise control unit. Don’t know what else. Am sure some other members will contribute their expertise.
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

I purchased the right handlebar cruise control unit from BRP for my 15 F3 base model, in approximately two hours worth of time, I had cruise control. Plug and play.
    2015 F3 , OEM None Black

Spyder Garage

Another cruise control question. Sorry.

I have a 2018 F3 base model, and I understand I can add factory cruise control by simply adding a F3 Sport or Touring RH switch housing.

However, in searching Spyder forums, I come up with different part numbers. I think one part number may have superseded the other.

Does anyone know the correct part number to order , and , if you know who has the lowest price on this part, I would appreciate you efforts very much!

Thanks!

Brian in Tucson
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    I have a 2018 F3 base model, and I understand I can add factory cruise control by simply adding a F3 Sport or Touring RH switch housing.

However, in searching Spyder forums, I come up with different part numbers. I think one part number may have superseded the other.

Does anyone know the correct part number to order , and , if you know who has the lowest price on this part, I would appreciate you efforts very much!

Thanks!

Brian in Tucson
    Go to any of the after-market parts sellers ..... type in the number/s you have and then click on " what years & models they are used on " .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Adding Cruise Control to 2023 F3 Base

Any owners of newer model F3 Base Spyders had success with adding cruise control????

Thinking of picking up a 2023 F3 Base but the only thing would be missing is cruise control. Did a search on here and the web and see that others have added cruise to their Spyders --but they were older models. Pretty much a plug n play install. Have not been able to find any info on the newer models. The RH Switch Housing #710004583 off a 2023 F3-S should do the trick.

Figured I would ask here first before I checked and asked around at some dealerships.

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-17-2023 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Moved Post title into text after merge - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Yes Joe, all you need to do is replace the right hand switch controls with one that has the cruise switch. Then just unplug your old and plug in the new ad volia you have cruise control!! Oh and about $ 400.00 less in your bank account!!!

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info Al. Just ran across a review that someone with a 2020 F3 base that switched them out and worked fine. Looks like the RH Switch Housing #710004583 will set me back $275.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3