Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Cats are very smart

I am sitting at my computer ( on Spyderlovers of course ) and I hear some rattling sound .... I look over and my cat is making the closet door shake ..... I have an 8 ft. wide closet with two wooden bi-fold doors on it ..... well He wanted to get inside, and figured out how to open it by going to the middle of the door where the hinge is and putting his paw under it and pulling it. That door can Only be opened from the middle. ..... interesting that He figured it out......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I am sitting at my computer ( on Spyderlovers of course ) and I hear some rattling sound .... I look over and my cat is making the closet door shake ..... I have an 8 ft. wide closet with two wooden bi-fold doors on it ..... well He wanted to get inside, and figured out how to open it by going to the middle of the door where the hinge is and putting his paw under it and pulling it. That door can Only be opened from the middle. ..... interesting that He figured it out......Mike
    Be careful Mike, Next thing He will be flushing the toilet and using the bathroom, you will have to use the litter box!
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Be careful Mike, Next thing He will be flushing the toilet and using the bathroom, you will have to use the litter box!
    .... I WISH He would do that .... Litter ( today ) can be scarce, and expensive ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

If used cat litter had value. I would be a rich man. Don't ask me why...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Just make sure he observes and learns to put the seat down!!!!
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Ditto on the door. We have a couple that are always trying to get into the closets with the "middle opening" doors. We ended up having to put hook and eye fasteners to keep them out.

Our biggest cat Missy, has a fetish for drawers. She likes to jump in a certain kitchen cabinet drawer and spend a lot of time sleeping in it. We started by taping them shut, she opened them any way. We have finally broken down and designated one of the cabinet drawers just for her. That worked for about a week. Now she is going for another one also. They are just never happy with the status quo.

We have four house cats now, two more that spend nights and cold weather days in the garage (where they have been since birth). Their mother took off one day when they were about six months old and we have not seen her since. We also have three feral cats that come regularly every day for their food, water, and lounge chair sits on our front porch. The house cats were all left on our doorstep as newborn kittens. The mother of two of them, is one of the feral cats that come around daily. Greenie is her name (eyes), and yes, she has been fixed now. All our house residents and the garage cats have been fixed. We got good deals from the vet because there are a lot of feral cats around here.

And yes, we are finding cat treats, canned food and litter to be hard to get of late. And we go through a lot of those items these days.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-26-2023 at 05:33 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Just make sure he observes and learns to put the seat down!!!!
    I now live alone ( except for the Cat ) so I can leave the seat in any position I darn well feel like ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Ditto on the door. We have a couple that are always trying to get into the closets with the "middle opening" doors. We ended up having to put hook and eye fasteners to keep them out.

Our biggest cat Missy, has a fetish for drawers. She likes to jump in a certain kitchen cabinet drawer and spend a lot of time sleeping in it. We started by taping them shut, she opened them any way. We have finally broken down and designated one of the cabinet drawers just for her. That worked for about a week. Now she is going for another one also. They are just never happy with the status quo.

We have four house cats now, two more that spend nights and cold weather days in the garage (where they have been since birth). Their mother took off one day when they were about six months old and we have not seen her since. We also have three feral cats that come regularly every day for their food, water, and lounge chair sits on our front porch. The house cats were all left on our doorstep as newborn kittens. The mother of two of them, is one of the feral cats that come around daily. Greenie is her name (eyes), and yes, she has been fixed now. All our house residents and the garage cats have been fixed. We got good deals from the vet because there are a lot of feral cats around here.

And yes, we are finding cat treats, canned food and litter to be hard to get of late. And we go through a lot of those items these days.
    I used to buy most of the cat's needs at Walmart ...... no more .... I found that Chewy.com meets or beats Walmart's prices and often ships for free. I buy His canned cat food by the 36 can case. annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd He eats a lot.......good luck .... Mike .....PS He also has a Severe drug habit .... CAT NIP .... I get it fresh at the food co-op, which sells it in fill yourself plastic bags ... which is then weighed & you pay for it ..... anywho - I brought a bag home a few months ago, and mis-takenly put it in the CLOSED PANTRY on the top shelf ( 7 ft from floor ) .... it took Him all of 1/2 hr. to find it ... climb up 5 other shelves , get it down, shred the bag, and proceed to roll in it .... He then looked like an armed forces SNIPER in a " gilly suit "..... I laughed so hard I also most peed

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Mike, when you find him setting on your Spyder seat, eyeing the controls, start worrying.

Spyder Garage

Cats are something else.

I have always said: if you have a dog, you have a friend for life. If you have a cat, you are considered as staff. We love them anyway.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not all cats are happy.

CatRat.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

we had a cat named mischief ..... he would twang the spring door stop at 2am and keep at it for hours,,, we got use to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    we had a cat named mischief ..... he would twang the spring door stop at 2am and keep at it for hours,,, we got use to it.
    We also have at least one "twanger" cat. She drives us nuts sometimes.

2020 F3L , Magma Red