Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default This would be a nice experience

The dealership (ebike) has rented the guys bike out while it was in for work...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AusLegal/co...s_returned_to/

Admin - if not ok to report here pls delete
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post

... have you reported this to the police or a prosecutor, hopefully the person who has that BLOKES E-BIKE hasn't committed any crimes while using it!!! ..... JMHO .... good luck .... Mike ......Or that BLOKE could be really NASTY and just report the Spyder stolen, and if found let the Renter explain how they got it !!!!!!
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-26-2023 at 08:53 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, it's an e-bike, not a Spyder. Also, this is a Reddit post, so should be taken with a heavy dose of skepticism, I think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wouldn't be surprised today.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Or you could be really NASTY and just report the Spyder stolen,
    Mike, Mike, Mike... I'm hoping you're only kidding, but you know making a false report is a crime in itself. C'mon, man!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Mike, Mike, Mike... I'm hoping you're only kidding, but you know making a false report is a crime in itself. C'mon, man!
    Well .... the Idiot who rented the machine did so very LIKELY WITHOUT the owners Permission & that constitutes Theft. ..... and Yes it was said " tongue in cheek " .... JMHO ... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-26-2023 at 08:54 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The rental agreement should tell you where your spyder is located and who has it. The guy that rented it I'm sure did it in good faith. Either you or the dealership should contact him and ask him to please return the spyder and then go from there. Good luck and I hope your spyder comes back in the same condition you left it in. (OOP's sorry, E-BIKE.)
    Last edited by 2dogs; 02-26-2023 at 05:12 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well .... the Idiot who rented the machine did so WITHOUT the owners Permission & that constitutes Theft. ..... and Yes it was said " tongue in cheek " .... JMHO ... Mike
    Where's the intent to permanently deprive? I would guess it's a civil problem.

Spyder Garage

NOTE TO ALL

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post

Please read the first post in this thread - it's a link to a (questionable or not?? ) report OF SOME RANDOM BLOKE'S E-BIKE being rented out when put in for service - it's NOT the OP's bike/Spyder. The OP was just saying 'wouldn't this be a bummer if it happened to you'!!

And I'd hafta say that whatever it was, if I put my car, bike, anything really in for a service/to get some work done, I'd be a mighty bit miffed if the shop it went to rented it out to some random bod - OR for that matter, if they drove/rode/used it for a demo or pretty much anything really that was beyond the scope of test driving/checking things before doing the agreed work &/or testing it to make sure they'd done it all properly after the work was completed!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2023 at 09:59 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Where's the intent to permanently deprive? I would guess it's a civil problem.
    Well this may be the way the LAW in Calif. is written !!!! or interpreted. But I think in most jurisdictions a thief can't just say " I BORROWED it ", ..... as usual .... JMHO .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well this may be the way the LAW in Calif. is written !!!! or interpreted. But I think in most jurisdictions a thief can't just say " I BORROWED it ", ..... as usual .... JMHO .... Mike
    I kinda thought intent was an element but maybe not. I agree some states are still living in the past.