Spyder Garage

Default What should it cost to mount tires - this much??

Called the store I bought my spyder from to see how much it cost to mount 2 front tires $40.00 per rim with me taking them off the spyder and me having the tires seems high to me going to go to a local tire shop next week and see what they charge. I hate to see what they would charge to do the back one my understanding is a regular tie changer can't do the back. I know this has been posted before just kind of venting. Baja Ron needs to open shop in my area. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Just had the two fronts mounted and balanced for my F3-S. I took the wheels off and took them to a local truck and equipment tire place. They mounted and balanced both of them for $42. They could not spin balance them, but they had one of the old fashioned type balancers in a corner and did it on that. I put them back on and took it out for a test ride. It runs smooth, no vibration, no shake at all, up to 100 MPH. Don't know or care how it does past that.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
    Called the store I bought my spyder from to see how much it cost to mount 2 front tires $40.00 per rim with me taking them off the spyder and me having the tires seems high to me going to go to a local tire shop next week and see what they charge. I hate to see what they would charge to do the back one my understanding is a regular tie changer can't do the back. I know this has been posted before just kind of venting. Baja Ron needs to open shop in my area. Thanks
    You’re in Ohio. Head the southern Ohio rally in June and Netzley will be there. His prices are way cheaper. Plus meet and ride with a bunch of other spyders. He’s installed 2 rears for me and 1 set of fronts. He’s laser aligned too. It’s only about 1 hour or so from you in zanesville.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I just paid 30.00 for the front two which included spin balancing so that's 15.00 each.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

My neighborhood garage charges $20.00 to change and spin balance the pair. Remove them and take them to your local garage.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I put new tires on last spring. Ordered them at Walmart and the purchase price included mounting and balancing if I did the R & R on the rims. Their machine wouldn't' work on balancing the rear tire, but it was not a problem as I was planning to use Ride-On sealant balancer anyway.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

local tire store here was $16 a tire for fronts. I carried them in and they mounted and balanced. I took F3L to CanAm dealer and they charged $108 to mount car tire on rear. I bought all tires from Tire Rack.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

If I bring my rear tire into my local tire shop they can mount the tire for me but are not able to balance. Front wheels are a different story. They can remove, wheels from Spyder, mount and balance. They don't care where I buy the tires.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

I live in a smaller community with a few independent tire shops. I have not swapped a set out yet, but was quoted $30. a pair to mount and balance if off the bike. I plan on using my Coats 220 tire machine to mount the fronts and bought the No Mar balance adapter to static balance on my rowe trueing stand. The rear I will allow them the privilege to mount and balance ........

s-l1600-2.jpg
    2021 RT LT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I just paid 30.00 for the front two which included spin balancing so that's 15.00 each.
    Hahahaha….Come on K80. We aren’t THAT old and senile that we can’t work out 30/2 = 15 even WITHOUT a calculator.
    Now, if you were on the FB site, that arithmetic probably would have been necessary based on some of the posts.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    local tire store here was $16 a tire for fronts. I carried them in and they mounted and balanced. I took F3L to CanAm dealer and they charged $108 to mount car tire on rear. I bought all tires from Tire Rack.
    Sigh………if only we had one of those “bring any rear tyre in and we will R & R it” dealers out here, rjinaz.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't remember what the details were on the purchase, but I checked with the shop that does the little bit of car work that I need (Muffler Brothers) to see if he could/would do the tires. The owner of that franchise location is a motorcyclist, so I thought he might be able to do it. I also asked if he would mount tires that I brought in. He had no problem with that. He then asked what tires I was looking for (Vredestein Q5). He checked his sources, could get them for just a few dollars different than I could. I let him order them, then brought the wheels/tires to him. He could not balance the rear, but I checked it on the balance stand I use for my two-wheelers, it was fine.

As mentioned, I don't remember the rate he quoted for the tire change itself, but it seemed quite reasonable at the time.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Hahahaha….Come on K80. We aren’t THAT old and senile that we can’t work out 30/2 = 15 even WITHOUT a calculator.
    Now, if you were on the FB site, that arithmetic probably would have been necessary based on some of the posts.

Pete
    related D07753A7-E5A0-4612-9CB8-EF47D01C64AE.jpeg & unfortunate for some

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post

Pete
    Hey I was trying to make it simple...lol

Also on FB nothing helps.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Find a Discount Tires near you. Had mine done there, can't remember how much, but a lot cheaper than you state, rear tire too...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-27-2023 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Just did this.
    $32 for the rear, that included old tire disposal fee. The 2019 wheel fit in their machine. (Center hub is not removable on the '19.) I did have to remove the brake rotor. I tossed in a 3 ounce bag of balance beads for giggles. Took all of 10 minutes.
    $19 each for the fronts. That was mount, balance, and disposal fees.
    The dealer that sold me the Spyder would not mount the tires I purchased. "You can't put car tires on a motorcycle..."
    Yeah... You can't put car oil, or car gasoline, or even car air in those tires either.. LMAO
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-10-2023 at 07:41 PM. Reason: $ ;-)