Spyder Garage

Default What Communication hookup will use the PTT button?

What system are people using to use the PTT that is built in to the spyder RT. . I own the 2014 and my friend rides a 2017, should be the same . I am referring to the driver and passenger comms.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2023 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

The PTT is there for the Can Am CB radio, which has had a lot of problems. It is not for any sort of comms between the rider and passenger.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There are only two ways to use the PTT button. The first, best, and intended way is to install a BRP CB radio. Even though there have been problems with the CB, and many, if not most, owners are thumbs down on it, I have successfully used one for 8 years. The PTT button is used to talk to another CB user. Driver to pax communication is controlled by voice settings. The pax CB headset cord has a PTT built into it.

The second and most difficult way to use the PTT, and not for the faint of heart, is to physically open up the switch and modify the bubble buttons and traces on the circuit board to tap into the switch circuit and redirect it to connect to a third party CB or other radio unit. I don't think there is any practical way to make use of it in relation to Blue Tooth.

Depending on your comm needs you are best off to explore in helmet BT communication systems.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)