Spyder Garage

Default Will the ACC Circuit Wiring handle powering my Heated Vest?

The F3 has an accessory circuit in center of bike. The wires are quite small qauge. Can they be used to run my heated vest?
    Already set it up but now having second thoughts about the small accessory wires. Any thought would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2023 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Heated gear is best connected directly to the battery. So when you meet friends and get there first, turn the bike off and wait for them to show, you’ll still be warm. Powered by an accessory wire turns it off when the key is off.

You can get extension cables to route to the left side frame near your knee. I got the LaMonster drink holder with pouch and my Gerbing wireless controller is stored in the pouch. Hopnel probably makes a pouch if you don’t want the drink holder. I have the wireless controller attached to the left handlebar. No wires makes it easy.

5BC75B2F-CEB8-463C-9A24-943CD64E71E3.jpg. 55DAF585-48E7-4BD9-A24C-F03D82FE8FC5.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Heated gear is best connected directly to the battery. So when you meet friends and get there first, turn the bike off and wait for them to show, you’ll still be warm. Powered by an accessory wire turns it off when the key is off.

You can get extension cables to route to the left side frame near your knee. I got the LaMonster drink holder with pouch and my Gerbing wireless controller is stored in the pouch. Hopnel probably makes a pouch if you don’t want the drink holder. I have the wireless controller attached to the left handlebar. No wires makes it easy.

5BC75B2F-CEB8-463C-9A24-943CD64E71E3.jpg. 55DAF585-48E7-4BD9-A24C-F03D82FE8FC5.jpg
    Just make sure you have a fuse in the line!!!! Just in case something goes to ground, do not ask me how I know that!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Just make sure you have a fuse in the line!!!! Just in case something goes to ground, do not ask me how I know that!!
    Heated gear comes with fused power connections. I use Gerbing and I’ve had HotWired and both come with fused battery harness.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red