Spyder Garage

Default Searching for a Dash Camera for Spyder/Ryker - your thoughts?

Hello From Sunny Australia.

I have been searching for a waterproof camera for my Ride other than GOPRO, as it can only record for about two hours max before the battery dies. I have found two systems, the INNOVV 5, and the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD. Both systems have Front and Rear Cameras. I am not that familiar with either of them and I am just interested in your thoughts as both systems need to be mounted on the bike.
    Why I am interested is that I have MS and if the unfortunate happens, I'll have evidence. (Yes, it works both ways)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-19-2023 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Spyder Garage

I purchased one from Aliexpress. Haven't installed yet, but price was right.
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

I personally own the INNOVV and it works fine. I did have to add a switch on the bars to turn it on and off as I didn't want it running all the time. The camera is small but the rest of the stuff needed does take up some space and I had to sew up a bag to accommodate all of it and find a spot on my forks to store. Stopped using it because it was more work than I wanted to deal with. Never did install it on my RT. I use a Garmin dash cam in my vehicles, works great, not sure if it's waterproof, need to find out.
    2021 RT LT

Spyder Garage

Have been using the K5 system for some time. Have it hooked up so it comes on and off with the key. Put a good SD card in it and it will operate for a looooong time without having to do anything. Pull the card if you need a vid or pic. Other than that I never touch it. Search for "Innovv" and you will find how I mounted it.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Sorry. No matches
    21 Spyder base F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Sorry. No matches
    Try https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...archid=3659654

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I put INNOVV 5 in SL's search box and got dozens of hits on past INNOVV 5 conversations.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I put INNOVV 5 in SL's search box and got dozens of hits on past INNOVV 5 conversations.
    Hey 2dogs, in my experience, providing links to search results like those you've provided in the first 2 posts I quoted above tends not to work very well, I believe because the 'searchid' on the end of the link hasn't actually 'stored' your search parameters in the browser address of the results screen itself, so much as it's simply using those parameters as part of the 'search command' that belonged to the last screen you accessed (ie. the search entry screen) before you hit submit - or something along those lines anyway...

Regardless of actually why it rarely works trying to provide a link to search results, it does happen, so if you want to share those results with someone else, the best way to do that is to tell them what key words/phrases you entered and any other parameters you input to get those desired results... (as you've done in the 3rd post I quoted ) For example, type the word 'Innov' or the phrase 'Dash Cam' into the Search field; then check the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down list; before submitting the search, and then read the titles to get an idea of what might be going on in that thread...

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2023 at 03:46 AM. Reason: added 3rd quote & extra info re that ;-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter. When it comes to electronics or computers as you must already know, I'm severely challenged. Yes, I'm beginning to find that by searching this site, as opposed to google, I find more credible and up to date experience and information available. Like many others here, I only post detailed information where I've had experience with the subject. I try not to pass on subjective information.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post

I have been searching for a waterproof camera for my Ride other than GOPRO, as it can only record for about two hours max before the battery dies. I have found two systems, the INNOVV 5, and the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD. Both systems have Front and Rear Cameras. I am not that familiar with either of them and I am just interested in your thoughts as both systems need to be mounted on the bike.
    Why I am interested is that I have MS and if the unfortunate happens, I'll have evidence. (Yes, it works both ways)
    SENA 10C EVO.jpg or go with the 50C Quantum Series " Top of the line"
    NEW SENA LOGO.jpg
    YOU CAN'T GO WRONG...
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the informatom guys.
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Spyder Garage

Dash/Rear camera setup suggestions?

Has anyone installed a dash and rear camera setup on a model like the 2019 RTL? There seems to be a lot to choose from on Amazon.

I want something that can be installed somewhat easily, is fairly unobtrusive, and is "automatic". It's just always running when the bike is running, and I can easily grab the recording of an incident out of the camera with my phone or something.

Suggestions? (Links to specific models would be awesome.)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2024 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Removed Post title after merge - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

I've heard good things about this one. It use to be double the money and I've talked to a couple of different Spyder owners that really liked it even at the much higher price.

I installed a cheaper version on my old Spyder which worked okay but eventually failed. On my new to me Spyder this is the one I'm likely going to install. I would wire it to the Customer Accessory Circuit so it comes on / goes off with the motor.

https://www.amazon.com/KENWOOD-STZ-R...76&sr=8-4&th=1
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I have one of these on both Spyders, SxS and pickup. Looks forward only.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3H35D11...t_details&th=1

Works ok. Had one on the SxS get moisture in the lens, cheap so I just bought another one.

I carved a hard foam block and just glued it there with rubberized Welder Glue.

Power is from a two port USB with voltmeter in the switch console area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2024 at 04:47 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I don't have a dashcam. I do have the Insta360 RS One mounted on my handle bar.
    It's not a "cheap" option, but I really do like it.
    SgtRay has a footage from his on youtube

https://youtu.be/Tlrip8uzWPc?si=TlCbrtH7QRtyvs1b
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have one from Aliexpress.us. Less than $50. Cheap Chinese, but works fine. Lots of options on their site
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post

I'm just scanning this thread, not reading all the posts. If someone has asked this question already, I apologize in advance.
    Is there a way to connect the GOPRO to an external power source? If so, you could probably save yourself a lot of money.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey