Spyder Garage

Default '24 RT - What's missing to get Music from Android phone to play on Spyder?

Just took ownership of my first Spyder. 2024 Spyder RT Limited Platinum. First question. Connect phone via bluetooth. Unit sees the phone, contacts, recent calls... but will not show up on media app. Phone is a Samsung S22. If I'm playing music on phone, then start the bike, once it finds the phone the audio stops on phone as its connected to bike via bluetooth. What am I missing to get music to play? Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Short answer: save your sanity and just BT the phone and forget the BRP app. There are hours of comment on this forum. Enjoy the read!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I did but no music. Phone works but.... it all works fine in my Tundra

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sxvipere View Post
    Just took ownership of my first Spyder. 2024 Spyder RT Limited Platinum. First question. Connect phone via bluetooth. Unit sees the phone, contacts, recent calls... but will not show up on media app. Phone is a Samsung S22. If im playing music on phone then start the bike once it finds the phone the audio stops on phone as its connected to bike via bluetooth. What am i missing to get music to play. Thanks
    Have you connected the phone function only? You might try pairing the phone under "Bluetooth Audio" as well.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Short answer: save your sanity and just BT the phone and forget the BRP app. There are hours of comment on this forum. Enjoy the read!
    If its a 2024 then he can't use BRP App yet because its part of AppleCarplay which isn't available yet
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

No apple car play here, Samsung S22

Spyder Garage

Put a bluetooth helmet kit in your helmet(s). I have a Cardo Spirit HD system and listen to music all the time from either smartphone or my Garmin Zumo XT with a micro SD card having the music. As long as the paired helmet listens to their own separate music/smartphone, the intercom still works, and mutes the music when you talk.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Found the answer. As I suspected it's a firmware issue. Guy with same issue got his resolved this week.

I have the answer to the fix. Just picket up my Spyder yesterday from the dealer. There is a canam software bug that causes the probem. The dealer got permission from canam to wipe out the initial software "flash" the place in all new Spyders. Canam gave the dealer a one time access to their proprietary software and able to, in no techincial terms. to "reflash" the software into the spyder system. It is now working perfectly. However, canam stated it was a bandaid fix and will be coming out with an update for Spyders by Marchf 25th, which of course is tomorrow so I don't have a lot of confidence on that. However, at least they know what the problem is while most dealers do NOT. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-24-2024 at 06:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

I hope the March 25th update will fix the issue.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    I hope the March 25th update will fix the issue.
    Well, I have read in other areas that it's now the first or second week in April, what happened to the first or second week in February?

As for Apple CarPlay, I wonder how BRP is going to compensate us (the buyers of BRP products that have Apple CarPlay integrated products) for selling us a defective product (Apple CarPlay does not work) and that they knew was going to be defective (Apple CarPlay does not work) when they shipped out their product and never told the dealers and/or the customers in any way?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 12:02 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

chill defective means not working junk toast needs replaced just because there may me a software or licensing issue does not mean its defective

Spyder Garage

@fatboy... well, true, but either way we don't have access to ACP (or Android Auto for that matter). The BRP hang tag on my new 2024 S2S clearly states ACP and details how to connect including a one liner to enjoy your favourite apps (Google Maps, Spotify, and more). And in tiny, tiny, tiny print on the bottom of the tag, it also says Android Auto coming soon.

I can scan that in and post it here if you really need it......... but here is the BRP part number 704909988_EN for you to dig out...

This is in addition to the severe issue with the screen going blank, the heated grips failing or not installed, various other codes including ABS and hydraulic clutch issues, and the final straw, a cheap Chinese brand battery with a 6-month warranty that many 2023 and 2024 owners say lasts just that long before dying.

I dunno about you, but if you had to replace a new battery on your new brand new 2024 Spyder in just 6 months, what would you do? Replacement by dealer is the exact same crap, so warranty isn't gonna help much.....

Wait! .... That's if you ever get your bike back and its actually working, with no codes, blank screen, and other stuff you paid for to be working, etc.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 12:06 AM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just picked up my new '24 RTL Friday, everything works! As a matter of fact, I think it has more pep than my '21 RTL did! I dunno, maybe just me picking up the wife's '24 S2S Wednesday - only issue so far, the '24 F3 handlebars are not available. Also, Lamonster's top cuff does not fit the new bars, so when CarPlay is operating it will be a bonus.

By the way, love not having the antenna sticking up anymore!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

As for the cheap battery issue, now that I've heard about it here, something the dealer tried to sell me makes sense.

They tried to add on a two year replacement warranty on the battery, which I declined, because I had no idea that any battery would die that quickly.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Dont understand the bluetooth issue. The tech has been around 20+ years!

Spyder Garage

Yeah me too, gives a clean look to the bike. So just for info where the heck is the antenna located? Please , please not in the cluster.....
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

not sure but i believe it is where the antenna use to be but internal on both the side cases

Spyder Garage

This is what i did he has a good channel.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bwMUJZXAt0&t=613s
    2016 RT Limited Orbital Blue. Ultimate seat
    Bajaron swaybar,PV3 with BLR custom Tune
    Farrod front car tires p165/65/15
    Led headlights and fog lights
    Showchrome windshield.
    Two Brothers Muffler and cat delete pipe.