Spyder Garage

Default Can I turn on/off FOBO 2 running in the background on my phone?

I just got the FOBO 2 system. When I was setting it up on my Android, it said something about the program running in the background. During colder times it can be weeks between rides and I didn't want to have FOBO running all to time as my battery struggles to get me through my day.

Does anyone know how to turn on the "running in the background" without having to reinstall the program?

Not very intuitive software (app).
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2023 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

settings.
    fobo app.
    turn off background app refresh.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captcharles View Post
    I just got the FOBO 2 system. When I was setting it up on my Android, it said something about the program running in the background. During colder times it can be weeks between rides and I didn't want to have FOBO running all to time as my battery struggles to get me through my day.

Does anyone know how to turn on the "running in the background" without having to reinstall the program?

Not very intuitive software (app).
    Sounds to me like you’re having more problems than the FOBO. My 4 y/o iPhone still lasts for 2 days (even with Fobo running in the background). Time for a new phone, or at least a new battery in it? Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-18-2023 at 09:06 AM. Reason: ha ing - having ;-)

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Similar to iPhone, just Close the app. From Android Help;

Close apps
    Important: Some apps, like Google Play services or system apps, can’t be stopped.

Close one app: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app.

Close all apps: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe from left to right. On the left, tap Clear all.

Close all apps on Android Go: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, and let go. At the bottom, tap Clear all.

Stop apps working in the background:
    To open Quick Settings, from the top of the screen, swipe down twice.
    To see the number of active apps running in the background:
    At the bottom left, tap # active apps.
    Or, at the bottom right, tap the number next to Settings and Power .
    To close each active app, tap Stop.

Tip: Even if you don't close apps, you won't run out of memory or battery. Android manages these automatically.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    settings.
    fobo app.
    turn off background app refresh.
    I can't find turn off background. I went to settings, app info, fobo. ?? Thanks

Spyder Garage

This is a link to the FOBO 2 User Manual. It is in *PDF format.

https://my-fobo.com/uploads/fobobike...ersion_1.0.pdf
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

If I go into settings on my Samsung Galaxy and scroll down to Apps and find the FOBO2 app I have the option to force stop it. Then next time I want/need to use it I just tap the FOBO icon and it starts to run again.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    If I go into settings on my Samsung Galaxy and scroll down to Apps and find the FOBO2 app I have the option to force stop it. Then next time I want/need to use it I just tap the FOBO icon and it starts to run again.
    GREAT! Yay! That's exactly what I was looking for. You 'da man.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captcharles View Post
    GREAT! Yay! That's exactly what I was looking for. You 'da man.
    Be aware the app will undoubtedly restart if you power down and/or restart you phone.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Be aware the app will undoubtedly restart if you power down and/or restart you phone.
    I double checked today, the app does not automatically restart, You must open the app for it to restart each time. At least on my android that's how it works.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I double checked today, the app does not automatically restart, You must open the app for it to restart each time. At least on my android that's how it works.
    Just to be sure, after you force stop the app is the option to force stop still grayed out after you restart the phone? If so, that's great. I don't have FOBO on my phone but of the other apps I checked some stay stopped but others do not stay stopped after I power off and restart my phone.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Just to be sure, after you force stop the app is the option to force stop still grayed out after you restart the phone? If so, that's great. I don't have FOBO on my phone but of the other apps I checked some stay stopped but others do not stay stopped after I power off and restart my phone.
    Yes, I just restarted my phone and the Force Stop option is still grayed out.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue