Spyder Garage

Default Recommendations wanted - Best cover for 22 RT?

I need a cover that will cover the complete machine. Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells them that cover wind screen, fenders, frunk, and trunk. It's a 22 RT.
    Thanks all.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-16-2023 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I have the same one. It works very well, and is quite durable. I have found it's much easier to put on in daylight. It's hard to sort out in the dark.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys
    2022 RT Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My Spyder is stored inside .... I just use a King size sheet ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have the factory cover for mine but I use golf cart covers from Formosa Covers. They are in expensive like $25.00 in expensive and very durable. I also use them to cover my outdoor kitchen sections
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    My Spyder is stored inside .... I just use a King size sheet ..... Mike
    The problem i have is with daughters cat. It loves to get into every thing including laying on spyder seat. Sheet wont work for me as he will just go under it lol . My rig is garage kept but the cat gets in when door is opened lol. Thinking maybe a tight cover can keep him off of from going under cover.
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budvoss View Post
    The problem i have is with daughters cat. It loves to get into every thing including laying on spyder seat. Sheet wont work for me as he will just go under it lol . My rig is garage kept but the cat gets in when door is opened lol. Thinking maybe a tight cover can keep him off of from going under cover.
    If that's the case, a tight cover probably won't work, but mothballs should!

If scattering the mothballs around &/or on the Spyder doesn't deter him, then get hold of an old paintball gun; load it up with mothballs; dial the air pressure right down so that the mothballs don't disintegrate on leaving the muzzle; & do some target practice using the cat as a low flying target whenever it even looks at your Spyder or thinks about going into the garage whilst said Spyder is in residence!! If you do it right, he'll never know where they're coming from, but they'll both hurt and stink enough that he'll begin to associate both the sudden pain & the not very enjoyable stink with looking at your Spyder, and so he'll learn very quickly to steer well clear of it!

This works, very well! Do you really need to ask me how I know this for a fact??

Notice: No cats were permanently harmed during the testing of this protection aid - altho a few of the neighborhood cats were possibly lightly bruised juuust a little before I got the air pressure dialed back enough to prevent the mothballs from disintegrating before they got out of the barrel, but once I'd done that & they worked as projectiles, I'm sure it was the lingering taste & smell of powdered mothballs all thru their fur that put them off more than anything else!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2023 at 06:41 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree with the above statement. A tight cover will not keep the cat out. My spyders stay in the garage with my office cat, but she doesn't bother it. I did have to relocate my convertible to the attached garage, as that would be quite an expensive lesson if she decided to claw into my top. I only use my spyder cover when traveling to keep the instument panel and seats dry. I bought a travel cover for my 2014 RT. Since then I have used it on my 2012 RSS, 2016 F3T, f3 Limited, and now for my 2021 RTL. It works to do the job on all of them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I like Mike keep the Spyder inside and use a king sized bedsheet. Wanted something fancy so it’s a floral pattern.

Also had problems with the cat getting on my Gold Wing seat. Had to spread Chinese food take our menus around the bike to keep the cat away.
    Last edited by Tourer; 02-17-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

A friend had the same problem with cats... was told to spray the ground and bottom of bike cover with regular vinegar as the advisor said cats hate the smell of vinegar. He said it seemed to work for the 3 nights he tried it as his trail cam caught the cats coming to the bike and passing it by. Then he moved the bike inside his toy hauler garage due to unstable weather so hasn't had a chance to further try out the vinegar hypothesis.
    Last edited by Pooch; 02-17-2023 at 04:10 PM.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    I agree. The UltraGard is a good cover. I have both the full and half. I have no idea about cat protection though
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

How about covering the seat with aluminum foil when you are storing it? Cats get freaked out when they jump up and land on it. Another idea is to cover the seat with a really large garbage can bag. The plastic will likely not be very comfy for a cat and if they still jump onto it, it should be a bit more protected.
    2011 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnerds View Post
    How about covering the seat with aluminum foil when you are storing it? Cats get freaked out when they jump up and land on it. Another idea is to cover the seat with a really large garbage can bag. The plastic will likely not be very comfy for a cat and if they still jump onto it, it should be a bit more protected.
    I can't speak for All cats .... however my cat Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooves plastic, He is constantly finding and chewing on it. ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have an old 1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (last of the big ones) cover. I put Bounce softener sheets/tissues inside and and around. RTL is inside, so loose over-size is not an issue.
    2022 RT Ltd, Deep & Dark Marsala