Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I disagree with the premise of the thread title 'Engineering Idiocy'.
    'Goof ups' would be a better term. Engineers do make goofs at times, but that doesn't make them idiotic.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    I got an Email from Can-Am recently that had a short video about doing an oil change on newer Spyders, so I thought I would watch it. Pretty straightforward about draining the engine oil, and then the transmission oil. THEN, it came to replacing the oil filter, and I was dumbfounded to see that you have to detach the brake fluid reservoir, pull it out, then secure it with a bungee cord to the right floorboard in order to get the old filter out and install a new one. Really? Whoever thought that one up gets the Darwin Award, yet another in a long line of Darwins that BRP has been awarded over the years.
    It sure beats taking a friggin mirror off to change the oil.....moving the reservoir to the side is a piece of cake.....seems dumb, and it is, but it's much better than the previous cluster #$%^ on our 2016RT
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I changed the filter on my 2021 RT and didnt have to remove the brake reservoir to do it. Im sure it makes it easier, but wasnt necessary.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cirhere View Post
    I worked in auto manufacturing for over 30 yrs and a lot of things are designed so that you will bring your Auto in to the service dept so you will be charged
    I had a DRL burn out on my Buick Enclave. The Owners Manual said to go to a dealership for replacement! Not an owner replaceable part. I looked on line for procedure and did BOTH sides myself in about 15 minutes. YouTube is our friend.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi