Spyder Garage

Default 2022 RT Ltd Rear Trunk Lock is virtually useless! Anyone else's the same?

I recently went for a 21 F3 Ltd to a 22 RT Ltd. I am finding that the lock on the rear trunk is virtually useless. When in the lock position, there is enough slack or give in the mechanism that the trunk can still be opened with just a little pressure applied to the latch. Anyone else run into this?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-14-2023 at 07:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhemedinger View Post
    I recently went for a 21 F3 Ltd to a 22 RT Ltd. I am finding that the lock on the rear trunk is virtually useless. When in the lock position, there is enough slack or give in the mechanism that the trunk can still be opened with just a little pressure applied to the latch. Anyone else run into this?
    This video may be helpful. It worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVq0_JgBZXU
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    This video may be helpful. It worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVq0_JgBZXU
    Every once in a while Shaun messes up and actually shows something almost completely. Good find ThreeWheels!
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

If nothing else, it should be a warranty repair.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

i adjusted my locking pins to the point that i need to hold the latch in when closing the lid, now when it's locked i'm 100% positive it's locked.
    but if somebody wanted in your trunk or frunk one good yank and their in.

Spyder Garage

The lock mechanism just needs to be adjusted slightly. I had the same thing happen to my '21.

It took about 10 minutes.

--Exco
    2021 RT-L only has a few cosmetic mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
    The lock mechanism just needs to be adjusted slightly. I had the same thing happen to my '21.

It took about 10 minutes.

--Exco
    Exactly what I did. I'm surprised you haven't looked at it to see how easily this is done. Loosen the pins, move them where you want them, tighten them, done.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    i adjusted my locking pins to the point that i need to hold the latch in when closing the lid, now when it's locked i'm 100% positive it's locked.
    Yes. Locks are for honest people.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the link! It does look like an easy fix.

Spyder Garage

I'll have to check it out... Honestly I have never locked any of my bags... The stuff inside costs a lot less than the cost of new plastic.. At night at a hotel I cover the bike... there is never anything in the bags that is worth more then than a new trunk / bags... This has worked for me for 30+ years.... If they want it bad enough let them have it.... Just don't break the plastic...lol
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    I'll have to check it out... Honestly I have never locked any of my bags... The stuff inside costs a lot less than the cost of new plastic.. At night at a hotel I cover the bike... there is never anything in the bags that is worth more then than a new trunk / bags... This has worked for me for 30+ years.... If they want it bad enough let them have it.... Just don't break the plastic...lol
    I never really thought of it that way. I have always left mine unlocked anyway...I don't store junk. Just the micky mouse tool set, a couple bungees, my HC sticker, and rain gear. Altogether, all of this costs less than the replacement plastic. When traveling with luggage, it's the Hopnel bags and they all end up in the motel/hotel room.

We even left the ignition key, by mistake, in one of our Spyders back in 2009 or so. In a parking lot in Fairbanks AK. The bike was still there in the morning.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-17-2023 at 01:48 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    Exactly. That's why I never leave anything I can't afford to have stolen in either.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited