Spyder Garage

Default Shaun Smoak video - 1330 sprocket installs begin!! Yeah, right!

Shaun Smoak video. 18:34 and no sprocket install. But there is info an a BMW, if that floats your boat. I need to become a YouTuber and make some $$. Doesn't seem to be all that hard. All you have to do is talk all the time about anything other than the subject of the video that the title suggests and not really do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citas8ofWWs&t=932s
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 02-13-2023 at 10:29 PM. Reason: edit title
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Lately his channel seems to be all about remote control cars now.... Im about ready to unfollow because of it.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

The channel offers extremely limited mechanical information and I think that him calling it a blog is the correct term. It’s not about Spyders but his life and mindless blabbering on in a folksy manner. The channels goal seems to be nothing but a side hustle for him to buy toys. I can’t help to not think that he is over-rated for Spyder enthusiasts.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

agree that there is minimal useful information

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Shaun Smoak video. 18:34 and no sprocket install. But there is info an a BMW, if that floats your boat. I need to become a YouTuber and make some $$. Doesn't seem to be all that hard. All you have to do is talk all the time about anything other than the subject of the video that the title suggests and not really do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citas8ofWWs&t=932s
    To be fair, he does show the preparation for the new sprocket install at 10:00, with the new sprocket and the type of Loctite used. This was from 2 months ago when the new sprockets had only just started reaching bigger dealers. That was where I was able to confirm the colour of the new sprocket and the type of Loctite used under warranty.

BUT……..I do agree that there is a lot of extraneous info in there, oldguy. I always fast forward through the early part of his video until he starts showing a Spyder, as there is always something to glean from those segments.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I think Shaun has contributed quite a bit to the Spyder community. If you don't like his style, don't watch his videos. That seems pretty simple to me.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

I said “see ya, love ya, bye” to him and his channel a long time ago.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate learning anything about the Spyder, it's why I enjoy the many threads here on SL discussing all sorts of things Spyder related. Seems the winter months have been a little slow in Spyder repairs at his dealership, so some filler is required. Easy to prioritize what parts of which vlogs to watch.
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome