Spyder Garage

Default is this one of my oil drain plugs?

Just making sure before I pull it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I'm assuming that's on the right side of the bike near the floorboard/Peg area? Yes, not stock - it's been replaced - but it's 1 of the 2 oil drain plugs. That one is the more "Basic" looking plug - the other one is in up at an angle and much longer with 2 gaskets on it.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

OEM drain plugs are 6mm hex and 43 / 41 mm torx. that hex plug would be aftermarket, and 1 of 2 as said above
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    OEM drain plugs are 6mm hex and 43 / 41 mm torx. that hex plug would be aftermarket, and 1 of 2 as said above
    Not to nitpick but to give accurate information - stock plugs are 6mm Allen and 45 Torx.

Many Shade Trees or do it yourselfers have mixed things up and stripped the original stock ones (or over tightened them/etc) - so folks like Lamonster and others came out with the socket versions to replace the stock ones and make them uniform instead of 2 different tools.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Not to nitpick but to give accurate information - stock plugs are 6mm Allen and 45 Torx.

Many Shade Trees or do it yourselfers have mixed things up and stripped the original stock ones (or over tightened them/etc) - so folks like Lamonster and others came out with the socket versions to replace the stock ones and make them uniform instead of 2 different tools.
    For anyone with a 2020 and newer RT that does their own oil change, I would strongly recommend getting the replacement plugs to prevent future stripping of the internal headed plugs. To make your life a whole lot easier when you do this, start by reversing the pin for your brake rod. It has a Allen headed bolt and a 10mm nut with the nut toward the center of the bike. Turning this around will put the head toward the center and eliminate the clearance issue of getting a straight shot on the oil drain plug.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    Just making sure before I pull it
    Yup it’s facing up.lol
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White