Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RTL and am very happy with it. Was low mileage, 9000 Kms in some 6 years or so. Oil changes are the big issue, hadn't had its second oil change. Tried a 2018 F3 touring, the Mrs liked it and would tour on it. Found the 2014 through the friend network, the Mrs preferred the riding position of the 2014 RTL over the 2018 F3. Brother and sister-in law were looking for a Spyder as well. They had used my 2014 for a weekend and did enjoy it. Borrowed my friends 2018 F3 and they rode it for a weekend, the sister-in-law preferred the riding position of it over the RTL, they bought that F3. If I rode mostly solo, I'd have an F3, but the Mrs likes to ride, so the RTL. Put 17,000 Kms on it last year cross Canada and back, very comfy. Helmet storage on the F3 Limited is better than the RTL. Other than this, not a lot not to like with either.

If you can, borrow/rent the various models for at least a weekend - 2/3 days. A Spyder is not like a 2 wheel, down the road and back and it's what I expected. You will have questions.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2023 at 10:38 PM. Reason: ears - years ;-)
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks all for all the info. I definitely would prefer a post '20 model.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L