Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Making My dual fill air hose!

JT is, and has been for some time, showing his dual fill air hose as out of stock. gkamer started a discussion about air pressures here https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ssure-readings. I decided it was time to post about how I made my own. Maybe it'll give others an idea how to make theirs.

I made my own dual fill air hose a few years ago. The dial gauge can be plugged into either the hose that connects directly to the valves, or into the air gun. The various connectors allow me to use the dual fill with any common air hose configuration at home, convenience stores, tire shops, etc. I put a flow restricter in the one adapter to better control air flow into small volumes like the rear shock air bag. The pressure gauge is a 0 - 100 dial gauge. A 0 - 60 would be better if you can find one. The air hose quick disconnects I used are the ones commonly used by homeowners, and others. They're referred to as industrial style.

air hose with notes.jpg

Here is a clip on air chuck. I think this is the one I used. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH9...ressionRank=20. One additional benefit of this hose configuration is it is easy to push one of the chucks onto the rear tire valve. To remove you just pull back on the sleeve. You don't need to have both chucks on a tire valve.

Clip on chuck.JPG
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-11-2023 at 03:34 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Looks like a pretty slick setup, unfortunately I don't have type of air compressor to connect it to. I have to rely on service station air hoses. Luckily I found one local service station that still offers 100% FREE air.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Looks like a pretty slick setup, unfortunately I don't have type of air compressor to connect it to. I have to rely on service station air hoses. Luckily I found one local service station that still offers 100% FREE air.
    You can do the same thing using only a schrader valve instead of an inflator. 3 chucks 3 hoses and one schrader valve.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    You can do the same thing using only a schrader valve instead of an inflator. 3 chucks 3 hoses and one schrader valve.
    I should have made it clear. That is a Schrader valve on the end of the fill hose. The air gun chuck clips onto it. The fill hose can be used with a regular air hose with a tire valve chuck. So, Greg, just make the hose like I show and forget all the rest of the adapter pieces and you're golden.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Idaho.....should the 3 hoses be of equal length, or does it make any difference? I’m thinking that it shouldn’t make any difference, but.......

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Idaho.....should the 3 hoses be of equal length, or does it make any difference? I’m thinking that it shouldn’t make any difference, but.......
    No need to be same length. Mine aren't.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Here's the same chuck in steel, not brass, and $6 cheaper. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90455.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Luckily I found one local service station that still offers 100% FREE air.
    I don't remember exactly where, but some localities have determined that having enough air in the tires is a SAFETY issue, therefore, it is illegal to charge for air.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G