Spyder Garage

Default Where can I d/load the Can-am Dealer App for my Zumo XT?

Hello to All,

Anyone know where I can download the Can-am Dealer App to install on my Zumo XT? I have a Zumo 590 with that app on it but I don't know what it is named on the 590. If I can find it on the 590, I could transfer it to my computer and then use the POI Loader to put it on my XT. Prefer to download a new copy.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Rick
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-10-2023 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

The app on the 590 was discontinued by BRP a number of years ago. They got tired of continually updating it and when I complained they told me the solution was to call 888-272-9222, give them the Zip Code you were in and they would tell you the name and address of the nearest dealer. Big help if you're a tourer on the road with a problem and the nearest dealership is a Ride Now joint 200 miles away.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The app on the 590 was discontinued by BRP a number of years ago. They got tired of continually updating it and when I complained they told me the solution was to call 888-272-9222, give them the Zip Code you were in and they would tell you the name and address of the nearest dealer. Big help if you're a tourer on the road with a problem and the nearest dealership is a Ride Now joint 200 miles away.
    Aren't BRP just gems to deal with - clearly not the sharpest tools in the shed!!!
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Aren't BRP just gems to deal with - clearly not the sharpest tools in the shed!!!
    You said the word “sharp”Might scare the Kendas

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    I suspect the usage rate was too low to justify supporting the app, in their assessment anyway. As you know, corporate gurus have to be able to demonstrate income, directly or indirectly, from a program in order the keep the bean counters from burying them. Not the first time a great program atrophied and died from lack of users, leaving the ones who do use it in a frustrated lurch.

I'm feeling the pinch from three great Android apps fading away. SmartList to Go, a super database app, is no more. Handbase, it's best alternative, has not been supported for several years because it quit generating revenue for the developer, and Graffiti Pro handwriting app hasn't been maintained for years but fortunately it still runs on Android, for me at least.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

That was always a comforting feature on the Harley navigation systems. Although I will admit I never needed it.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Just get out your phone and google can am dealers. Voila!
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoen View Post
    Hello to All,

Anyone know where I can download the Can-am Dealer App to install on my Zumo XT? I have a Zumo 590 with that app on it but I don't know what it is named on the 590. If I can find it on the 590, I could transfer it to my computer and then use the POI Loader to put it on my XT. Prefer to download a new copy.

Rick
    Rick, the file name you are looking for is D2245000E.gpi or a similar .gpi file depending on date created. The one I have has a 6/7/2020 date but that may have been the dated it was copied over, not the origination. Someone here posted a link to the file about then. Hope this helps.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoen View Post
    Hello to All,

Rick
    I do believe you are out of luck.

Just for curiosity I Googled the file name above. The only related hit was here on SL from 2018. The file was apparently a year old then. A comment was made that the next version would probably end in 'F'. Searching for D2245000F.gpi comes up totally empty.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

BRP and Garmin are no longer partners. You know this because there's no longer a "Spyder" as an icon on the XT. There is a traditional trike available.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk