Spyder Garage

Default Is there a suitable substitute RT622 lid gas strut?

The back lid gas struts have reduced their pressure to hold it up (drops about halfway). The gas strut part is SUSPA C16-27966. SUSPA doesn't give out specifications i.e. gas pressure or lift. These are $105.00 each (210.00 total) to replace from SUSPA.

Anyone know of or used a suitable substitute or another brand that may be cheaper?

I can find pairs on amazon a lot cheaper but don't know about the specs. "gas pressure, etc" of these Suspa units.

Was looking at this, says it has 45lb lift and 16 inch. It is only $20.00 for two of them from Amazon.

gas strut optional.jpg

Thank you,
    fb
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-08-2023 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

If you call suspa they will tell you the psi for the stock lift, you then take that information to use when purchasing a replacement. You measure the old one for lift height and diameter.
    Thats what I did for the seat strut on the 2020 model rt's
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After you learn what the pressure is, look at McMaster Carr for a less expensive re-placement ..... I have PSI 's written on their products ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-08-2023 at 05:08 PM. Reason: [ ;-)