Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone done a stereo upgrade on a Spyder?

Has anyone done a stereo upgrade on a spider?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-07-2023 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2017 Rt , Blue

Spyder Garage

PM K80Shooter
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    PM K80Shooter
    Sorry Dave but I think you have me confused with Joel The Biker. Mine is still stock.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...joel+the+biker
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
    Has anyone done a stereo upgrade on a spider?
    It would be helpful if WE knew what Spyder & what year etc. ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

2015 F3- se6 MB Quart speakers- custom speaker housings-- power amp loc in frunk--- Bluetooth on off switch located left of ignition key. All installed by previous owner. Having put 25,000 miles on this bike (love it) the only thing i would change would be to remove the entire system. If you like going to bike nights and blasting tunes and flashing colored lights then it may be for you. I have found that at Hway speeds the system is a waste and i never use it. The best solution for me is bluetooth ear buds. $50.00 for a decent set, good clear sound at all speeds. Just my opinion! Howie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by honsfun View Post
    2015 F3- se6 MB Quart speakers- custom speaker housings-- power amp loc in frunk--- Bluetooth on off switch located left of ignition key. All installed by previous owner. Having put 25,000 miles on this bike (love it) the only thing i would change would be to remove the entire system. If you like going to bike nights and blasting tunes and flashing colored lights then it may be for you. I have found that at Hway speeds the system is a waste and i never use it. The best solution for me is bluetooth ear buds. $50.00 for a decent set, good clear sound at all speeds. Just my opinion! Howie
    I'm with you here. I've been using bluetooth in the helmet speakers for years now. But I still see/hear guys riding around with speakers blaring out music and I think, man are you still ride'n in 80's? This is the 21st century and nobody but you wants to hear that stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by honsfun View Post
    Interesting ..... I swapped to 2 ohm JBL's and I have really good clarity & volume at 85 MPH ( with the OEM radio ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Interesting ..... I swapped to 2 ohm JBL's and I have really good clarity & volume at 85 MPH ( with the OEM radio ..... Mike
    If you don't mind, what is the model of the JBL speaker you installed?

2022 RT Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    Nothing Special Yet!
    2022 RT Sea to Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Majaste View Post
    If you don't mind, what is the model of the JBL speaker you installed?
    Well I did this back in 2014, and the model I bought has superceded at least 4 times. I have purchased the JBL brand for quite a few different veh's over the decades, and loved all of them. For me the key to a great Spyder application is finding a 2 or 3 OHM speaker. ... I' ve explained why a few times over the years, but I'm not a typist. ..... Look at " Sonicelectronix " web site .... They have a great selection, and are a great company to deal with. ... I see you have a 22 Sea to Sky .... PM " Joel the Biker " He is the only member who had success up-grading His sound on that model ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Sorry Dave but I think you have me confused with Joel The Biker. Mine is still stock.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...joel+the+biker
    You are correct sir. My bad.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0