Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas to help with Front trunk Cable Replacement?

It's broke!? The Grommet that holds it in the bracket Broke in half, so the cable needs replacing. The cable disappears into the console...
    Any help with the install, including lots of Pictures and instructions would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-03-2023 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

your model is not listed, but if you have 2014 and up years. (you joined in 12-2021, that might indicate a newer year spyder) that cable goes up to the bottom of key cylinder. i think some early spyders had a manual release, not going to bottom of key
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

This thread will almost certainly help you get the answers you're after Kooler

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ssed-On-To-All
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    This thread will almost certainly help you get the answers you're after Kooler

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ssed-On-To-All

Im sure there is a very good post on sorting the cable - but that link dosnt seem to be it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post

Im sure there is a very good post on sorting the cable - but that link dosnt seem to be it.
    No, but it does tell Member's how to add their SPYDER/Ryker Year & Model info to their sig line so that readers/those trying to help don't hafta guess!!!

He hasn't told us what year/model Spyder or Ryker he's asking about here, so there's definitely some uncertainty; and I am pretty sure that in his earlier posts, Kooler was asking about an early RT, despite this thread being in the ST sub-forum, so who really knows??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kooler2 View Post
    It's broke!? The Grommet that holds it in the bracket Broke in half, so the cable needs replacing. The cable disappears into the console...
    Any help with the install, including lots of Pictures and instructions would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks.
    The part is available. .... however putting it on is a bit difficult ..... I suggest you do what I and a lot of other foliks here have done and switch to a manual cable that attaches to the latch arm and just use that ..... IMHO the Key should never have to to be used to open the Frunk ..... as you have discovered they will fail or time ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

My cables on my 2017 F3 Ltd required lubing as did the fuel cap when I picked. Very hard to operate.
    The Precious owner was surprisingly reluctant to fully close the frunk.
    I stopped by the first Auto store and bought some spray to get me home.
    Now fully cleaned they are silky smooth and operate correctly.

But fitting some pull cables to the seat and frunk is on my to do list for when I do the next Works-burger service.

Previous posts from Kooler2 asking for help have asked what ride but maybe now he will get it sorted.

Maybe the mail is slower up Queensland way. Dunno.