Spyder Garage

Default Windshield removal - what tools do I need?

Going to pickup our new-to-us 2008 GS on Sunday. Bringing it home 600km in a borrowed clamshell style snowmobile trailer and I'm pretty sure we will need to remove the windshield to get the roof to close. The Spyder has an aftermarket much taller windshield than stock.

What tools will we need? I've tried to zoom in on the photos I took but can't quite see the screw heads ... and the old fellow who's selling it to us isn't cellphone savvy enough to send me photos.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-03-2023 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Goign - Going ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    Goign to pickup our new-to-us 2008 GS on Sunday. Bringing it home 600km in a borrowed clamshell style snowmobile trailer and I'm pretty sure we will need to remove the windshield to get the roof to close. The Spyder has an aftermarket much taller windshield than stock.

What tools will we need? I've tried to zoom in on the photos I took but can't quite see the screw head...and the old fellow who's selling it to us isn't cellphone savvy enough to send me photos.

Thanks!
    the 08 windshield is held on with T -30 torx, same as all the body panels ...... Mike PS also any GS parts Fiche' will identify what type of bolts they are ....

Spyder Garage

Awesome, thanks!