Spyder Garage

Default my cardiologist appointment, not that any of you should care.

so today was my 1 year check up with my cardiologist and the good news is i still have a heart, if fact my heart is so good he took me off all my med's.

why you ask.

well in the last 11 months i've lost 90 pounds i have gone from a massively obese tub of lard. from 342.6 pounds down to 252.6 pounds.
    i went from a size 62 waist to a 46 waist.

it wasn't easy when i first started 3/17/22 i was pretty sure i would die in the first week. day one on the elliptical i managed a mind blowing 5 whole minutes.

day 2 i walked.

day 3 elliptical 7 minutes, walked/elliptical/ walked rinse repeat daily. i do 40 minute elliptical workouts now and 2.5 mile walks.

cut all the garbage food out of my life ( i never drank soft drinks ). i weigh all my food and eat a serving size. TRUST ME it's a complete lifestyle change

i stopped eating pasta and switched to brown rice pasta.

sunday-friday i have oatmeal and banana for breakfast mid morning is fresh pineapple snack, lunch is protein shake, dinner is chicken/pork or the brown rice pasta.

saturday morning is pancakes.

sunday is my cheat day. for dinner i have a 2 pound ribeye with sauteed onions/bell pepper & sweet potato.

you can follow my story on instagram at grumpyoldman60 .

i will continue my weight loss program, i want to get down to 220-225 and then i'll need surgery to remove all the BS excess skin i have hanging off of me, that is the only drawback to losing that much weight. you can only stretch your meat suit so far before it won't go back.

peace and GOD bless

Spyder Garage

That's great. Best of luck to you. In 2019 I underwent radiation for prostate cancer. I put on ten pounds simply because I was exhausted by the radiation and got no exercise whatsoever. I made changes and lost the weight, but it was tough. I have nothing but awe and respect for people that have done what you're doing. I don't think I could do it.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    That's great. Best of luck to you. In 2019 I underwent radiation for prostate cancer. I put on ten pounds simply because I was exhausted by the radiation and got no exercise whatsoever. I made changes and lost the weight, but it was tough. I have nothing but awe and respect for people that have done what you're doing. I don't think I could do it.
    like i said it's a lifestyle change , i see your from Chillicothe, Oh, are you familiar with the ross county conservation league, i go up every couple of years for the big gun shoot

Spyder Garage

I had one heart attack. Been in twice for stents. They wanted to put a heart pump in, but I refuse to go there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Go Stephan……..great to hear……..yep, it’s a hard road alright, but worth it

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Keep doing what you are doing.

You can do this!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can tell SLICE is going through hell. Like you I also underwent radiation for prostate cancer back in 01. To me, it was like a well earned vacation. I played golf, went scuba diving and flew ultralights. The only downside to it all was I had to interrupt my fun by showing up for treatment every day. I'm well past my 10 year window but you've got 6 more years to go. Wish you much luck and keep up on your annual PSA tests.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    like i said it's a lifestyle change , i see your from Chillicothe, Oh, are you familiar with the ross county conservation league, i go up every couple of years for the big gun shoot
    Yes sir I am. I have a few friends that are very involved with the operations there.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I can tell SLICE is going through hell. Like you I also underwent radiation for prostate cancer back in 01. To me, it was like a well earned vacation. I played golf, went scuba diving and flew ultralights. The only downside to it all was I had to interrupt my fun by showing up for treatment every day. I'm well past my 10 year window but you've got 6 more years to go. Wish you much luck and keep up on your annual PSA tests.
    Surgery in 2018 and follow up radiation in 2019. Radiation in July and August and I was great until the final week and then the fatigue hit me hard. took most of September to get over that and then in October my wife and I left on a five week road trip on our Spyder. I do the check ups. PSA is non detectable as of November and has been for three years. Doing great and living our dream. Guys, get that PSA checked. It's a simple test and may save your life.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I went thru the prostate radiation thing over 20 years ago. I rode my motorcycle to the appointments for the first few weeks and even went to work. The last couple of weeks I took off work and had to have my wife drive me everywhere. Steve congrats on fighting the good fight. Yes we care and we sre happy things sre going so well for you. Many of us are struggling with like issues. I had 4bypass surgey last july and am struggling to lose weight so your story is very encouraging to me. Keep it and many happy trails to you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Yes sir I am. I have a few friends that are very involved with the operations there.
    do you know a guy. named esty ( evelispringer)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good on you, SLICE! Way to go! I've weighed about 300# for years. If I don't lose some weight in the next few years, I probably won't have an additional few years.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Way to go Slice!! I've lost about 60 lb in the last year from a high of 280. That stent in the Widowmaker convinced me to start. I use a Fitbit tracker which estimates my daily calorie burn and I weigh everything like you and record my input with a daily deficit of about 1000 calories. I cut sugars and most carbs and especially FRUCTOSE. It's nice to be able to see my junk over the frunk! Thanks for your post.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats, Slice! Resolve and determination are the most important factors when it comes to making healthy lifestyle changes, and you've shown us it can be done!

My first cardiologist retired, and the second one moved across country, so I was assigned to a PA in the cardiology office. My GP agreed when I said I think she knew as much or more than the trained cardiologists do! My second cardo had put a recommendation in my chart for a stress test in 2022. The PA asked about my exercise routine. I told her I walk the treadmill nearly every day at 2.3 mph for 1 mile + at 7% incline. She said, "You're doing a stress test every day. I'm going to cancel the recommendation for a formal stress test! Believe me, that was tremendous encouragement! You know what makes the treadmill quite tolerable? I have computer set up on it so I read the newspaper, email, and forum posts while I'm walking. Sometimes I even type in a response to a topic here on SL!

Eating healthy is a real challenge when so much of our food is carbohydrate based, and you've grown up eating a carbo centered diet. I'm not doing so great in that arena.

Do you know what the secret is to losing weight? I determined years ago the secret is to have an affair! ************************************************** **** A love affair with hunger pangs! If your stomach isn't rumbling every time when it's time to eat, you're eating more than you should. I know.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-04-2023 at 08:19 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

do you know a guy. named esty ( evelispringer)
    I know of him I don't know him personally. Bit of a small community so you recognize names even if you don't know a fella. Gary Watts is a close friend who does a lot out there and another who recently passed was Paul Langhirt. I worked for Paul for several years when he owned an electric repair business here.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I know of him I don't know him personally. Bit of a small community so you recognize names even if you don't know a fella. Gary Watts is a close friend who does a lot out there and another who recently passed was Paul Langhirt. I worked for Paul for several years when he owned an electric repair business here.
    small world

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bojiro View Post
    Way to go Slice!! I've lost about 60 lb in the last year from a high of 280. That stent in the Widowmaker convinced me to start. I use a Fitbit tracker which estimates my daily calorie burn and I weigh everything like you and record my input with a daily deficit of about 1000 calories. I cut sugars and most carbs and especially FRUCTOSE. It's nice to be able to see my junk over the frunk! Thanks for your post.
    taking willy out and being able to see him is a big plus....the better half is happier also

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Congrats, Slice! Resolve and determination are the most important factors when it comes to making healthy lifestyle changes, and you've shown us it can be done!

My first cardiologist retired, and the second one moved across country, so I was assigned to a PA in the cardiology office. My GP agreed when I said I think she knew as much or more than the trained cardiologists do! My second cardo had put a recommendation in my chart for a stress test in 2022. The PA asked about my exercise routine. I told her I walk the treadmill nearly every day at 2.3 mph for 1 mile + at 7% incline. She said, "You're doing a stress test every day. I'm going to cancel the recommendation for a formal stress test! Believe me, that was tremendous encouragement! You know what makes the treadmill quite tolerable? I have computer set up on it so I read the newspaper, email, and forum posts while I'm walking. Sometimes I even type in a response to a topic here on SL!

Eating healthy is a real challenge when so much of our food is carbohydrate based, and you've grown up eating a carbo centered diet. I'm not doing so great in that arena.

Do you know what the secret is to losing weight? I determined years ago the secret is to have an affair! ************************************************** **** A love affair with hunger pangs! If your stomach isn't rumbling every time when it's time to eat, you're eating more than you should. I know.
    elliptical and walking i have music playing in my head. my music runs the gauntlet from death metal to gangsta rap/heavy metal/black metal/motown/hip hop/classic rock/golden oldies... NO COUNTRY, country makes me want to drive into a bridge. some soul and funk and punk rock

Spyder Garage

Not that any of you should care , but yesterday at the Doc for my testosterone shot I'm officially down 109 pounds.

I will continue until I get to 210-220.

Lifting weights has been added to my cardio, upper body 95% of the time as my legs are in fantastic shape from all the elliptical and walking.

Stephan.

Spyder Garage

AWESOME! I am glad to hear you are doing well!!!

I too have changed my lifestyle on what I eat in order to loose weight. It has not been easy, but I am down 15lbs so far and I feel better already! I still have to loose another 50 or so pounds and I am hoping on my next doctor's visit in August to get off my blood pressure medicine.

Rob
    2020 Can-Am Ryker 600
    2021 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
    2020 600 , Can Am White Design

Spyder Garage

Not that any of you should care , but yesterday at the Doc for my testosterone shot I'm officially down 109 pounds.
    I will continue until I get to 210-220.
    Lifting weights has been added to my cardio, upper body 95% of the time as my legs are in fantastic shape from all the elliptical and walking.
    Stephan.
    You’re right……we don’t care, Stephan …..but could you please post a voice clip of your singing voice after the testo shot. I believe the Russian National Choir is looking for a Basso Profundo

Great work mate…….that is a huge weight loss…….shows great control on your part

I’m hoping to get some weight off once my new “safety recall” knees are “fully installed and operational”. Fortunately, they are not being done at my local dodgy BRP dealer, so they should be done correctly, and the recall “parts”aren’t from BRP, so they are readily available………..although my surgeon, who has a sense a humour, said there may be a short delay while he contacts the Museum of Natural History to get them to source a couple of Brontosaurus knee bones for me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    You’re right……we don’t care, Stephan …..but could you please post a voice clip of your singing voice after the testo shot. I believe the Russian National Choir is looking for a Basso Profundo

Great work mate…….that is a huge weight loss…….shows great control on your part

I’m hoping to get some weight off once my new “safety recall” knees are “fully installed and operational”. Fortunately, they are not being done at my local dodgy BRP dealer, so they should be done correctly, and the recall “parts”aren’t from BRP, so they are readily available………..although my surgeon, who has a sense a humour, said there may be a short delay while he contacts the Museum of Natural History to get them to source a couple of Brontosaurus knee bones for me.

Pete
    Pete, my voice is demonic at best. I have a brutal Dorchester Massachusetts accent/30 years of smoking/ 40 years of belting out heavy metal songs.

I'm surprised I have a voice at all.

Stephan.

Spyder Garage

Great to hear!! Ryde safe and often!!

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is awesome! It is always great to hear of a great outcome and journey like you are on. I was at my heaviest point at the beginning of this year (272). I feel good and go to the gym 5 days a week. I typically do weights 3 days and light cardio 2 days. But I feel I need to come down. So far this year I had come down to 261 as of the first week of March. Then I got sick and dropped another 7 real quick. now I have picked up 3 of those (257). My goal is to get back down to about 235. I am 6'-2" so that would be fine for me I believe. But you are right, it is a lifestyle change. I mainly bumped my cardio game up and decided to just cut back and not eat until I am stuffed.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

This is my cardio session 40 minutes at a 16:40 pace, not bad for a fat guy with a bad knee (torn meniscus ) and COPD.
    Attached Images Attached Images