Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for a throttle body - 2012 RTL - Any other ideas?

ok been in shop, waiting for throttle body. part #420686290. Now says back ordered until May 31 2023. My RT has had very little issues during its life and I will hate to End its life now

any ideas would be great
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-30-2023 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

I have heard that some throttle body issues can be cured with a good cleaning. Have you discussed it with your dealer?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I have heard that some throttle body issues can be cured with a good cleaning. Have you discussed it with your dealer?
    .... find a shop that cleans " fuel injector systems ", they should be able to do the best job ..... JMHO .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerrydonna View Post
    ok been in shop, waiting for throttle body. part #420686290. Now says back ordered until May 31 2023. My RT has had very little issues during its life and I will hate to End its life now

any ideas would be great
    Life is short……Trade it in.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I had a throttle problem with my 2013 RT one time. It wouldn't slow down to proper idle and went into limp mode. I was on the road hundreds of miles from home. I don't remember what I did to get rid of the limp mode and get the throttle to work properly again. I stopped at a Can Am dealership some 80 miles away. The tech shot some cleaner through the throttle body, IIRC. He showed me the Technical Service Bulletin about the issue. As I recall the first repair attempt is to clean the throttle body with a good fuel injector cleaner, or maybe even carburetor cleaner.

JerryDonna, I suggest you ask the dealer to find that TSB about 2012 throttle body problems and follow its recommendation. That may solve your problem, either permanently or until you get a new throttle body. If cleaning doesn't solve the problem then the body needs to be replaced. I didn't have another issue with it in the few months I rode it before moving to the 2014 RTS.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)