Spyder Garage

Default Where & what are these Vacuum Lines that need replacing?

I have read on here several recommendations to replace the OEM vacuum lines with silicone ones. What I.D., how many of these lines are there, what length to buy, is it a difficult job, and perhaps most importantly, where on the bike are these lines? This is a 2010 998.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2023 at 11:45 AM. Reason: EXPANDED TITLE TO BRIEFLY ASK THE QUESTION! :-/
    ~~2010 RS SE5 My first Spidey, but not my first ride~~

The trigger’s been pulled. We have to
    get there before the hammer falls.

Spyder Garage

If you type 'vacuum' into the Search Field up towards the Top Right of the page; check the Search Titles Only box in the drop down list below it; then hit the Magnifying Glass to submit your search, I reckon you'll find a heap of info answering your questions on those lines Dani, possibly even a currently available 'How To:' Guide in the DIY section.

The great advantage of Forums over a lot of other social media is that all the shared knowledge & experience from our members is posted and kept in a searchable way so that it's there for others to access, maybe even years down track; but it's important that members at least try to look for it before starting new threads; just as it's important that if you can't find out what you want to know by having a bit of a look/search, then it always pays to try and briefly state your question in your New Thread Title, cos that'll be a big part of how others looking for the same or similar info later on will be able to find it...

Over to you!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2023 at 12:20 PM. Reason: possibly & currently available :p
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    If you type 'vacuum' into the Search Field up towards the Top Right of the page; check the Search Titles Only box in the drop down list below it; then hit the Magnifying Glass to submit your search, I reckon you'll find a heap of info answering your questions on those lines Dani, possibly even a currently available 'How To:' Guide in the DIY section.

The great advantage of Forums over a lot of other social media is that all the shared knowledge & experience from our members is posted and kept in a searchable way so that it's there for others to access, maybe even years down track; but it's important that members at least try to look for it before starting new threads; just as it's important that if you can't find out what you want to know by having a bit of a look/search, then it always pays to try and briefly state your question in your New Thread Title, cos that'll be a big part of how others looking for the same or similar info later on will be able to find it...

Over to you!
    I see that even Peter makes double posts.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2023 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display... ;-)

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016
    SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera
    Show Chrome Back Rest , Show Chrome Hitch
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer (sold)
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames
    BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors, DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs,
    DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags, Method to open Frunk and seat without using key,
    LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I see that even Peter makes double posts.
    It happens to us all eventually, Seaweed

But I know I just need to msg a Mod to get it sorted.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-29-2023 at 12:33 PM. Reason: I... :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

1) 3mm Silicone, there are 2
    2) buy about 12" if you can get it by the inch. I bought mine at NAPA but had to order a 6' roll but it was cheap.
    3)NAPA
    4) left side. You will see the rear one coming back to the MAP sensor. Look at MAP sensor to trace the one to the front cylinder.
    5) save the hoses, the new ones you cut must be the same length.
    6) very easy
    enjoy

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze