Spyder Garage

Default Does turning pedalbox on and off hurt the computer/bike?

I see the pedal box has an off setting. I have read that you turn the pedal commander off when taking in for service. First question, if using the pedal box and turn off, does it need to be retaught again once turned on again? I posted this in another section but will post here again relating to this question. I got no responses before. If I am touring with a trailer, I would probably turn the PB off due to the trailer resistance and weight so I don’t peel out etc correct? I would think the pedal box should be off pulling but might be wrong. What do you think? When I get to campsite drop trailer and run some fun roads for a day or 2, I’d turn on. Do I need to reteach or does it remember? Does the turning off and on hurt the computer, Ecm, dess etc since it’s trying to remember what it was taught and then going back to factory or does it simply reset each time? If doing this frequently could the computer, ecm, dess etc be damaged from turning on and off the pedal box over the “long” run? Just trying to figure out if I really want the pedal box and don’t want to hurt the bike in the long run. I understand that the pedalbox only effects the throttle and is not adding torque or hp. I understand it’s not like “tuning” / “chipping” a diesel truck which I don’t care what anyone says, tuning/chipping definitely depreciates the life of a diesel truck engine. This is a totally different beast compared to the pedal box. There are parts that just are not made for the extra torque they receive. The engine is fine but there’s more than an engine that’s abused from the tuning. The pedalbox is not a tuning, it’s simply a voltage device , but Does turning the pedal box on and off hurt the computer in the long run, let’s say?
    Last edited by Wmoater; 01-29-2023 at 08:38 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I just turn my Pedal Box to city mode mate. my understanding it does not affect the tuning or the computer on bike, as it just makes your throttle more responsive and it does not alter anything else, Lamonster talks a lot about it as well, I understand the concern we being mere men we all have a tendency to crack that throttle open especially when it is very responsive we cant help ourselves at times especially when you leave a two wheeler behind, thats my 2 bobs worth hope it helps.
    Last edited by Latrappe; 01-29-2023 at 09:17 AM.
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Spyder Garage

I remove mine when taking it to the dealer. It only takes 5 minutes to remove and the same to put it back on. I have mine zip tied under the right removable panel. I have the BT version. You can turn it off, remove it completely, whatever you want to do. It turns back on with no problem what-so-ever. You have to understand it turns off every time you turn the Spyder off. It receives no power when the ignition is off.

If you are concerned with throttle response just put the PC in Eco mode with negative 2. It will be so much more sluggish than the factory Eco mode you won't believe it. The thing is a complete turd in Eco mode.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 01-29-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

just turn it off with the control or bluetooth....it goes to the orignal....turn it back on and it goes to the last setting it was in.