Spyder Garage

Default 2022 RT Limited, can't find release tabs for Passenger Seat removal - help?

We have a 2022 RT limited and I want to install the OEM rider backrest. I've watched a video on seat removal, and I haven't been able to find the release tabs for the passenger seat. Can anyone help? It looks and sounds simple enough, I just haven't been able to find the release tabs to push or pull.
    Thanks,
    Willie
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-28-2023 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

They are just behind the back of the front seat. There is one on each side. Get a light and shine under there and you should see them. Once you find them you can do it by feel from then on.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi Willie…..they are here.(see photo…that’s the left tab shown). I found the easiest way was to stand on the right of the RT (accelerator side), and look well under the rear seat…..push in on the right tab (looking toward the rear of the RT ) with my right thumb (doesn’t require too much pressure), reach over with my left hand and lift the right side (looking toward the rear) of the rear seat at the same time. That should release it.

CCDD96E3-0BDE-44A5-9DE9-D212D6020F37.jpg

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 01-28-2023 at 05:37 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the sugestions and picture. I'll try again in the morning.
    Willie

Spyder Garage

Remember, if you have a driver's backrest, that needs to be removed first.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I want to thank you guys again! I was looking in the wrong spot. I got the seat off and the new backrest installed. A nice day in southern Arizona and we were able to get a nice ride in this afternoon. We rode almost three hours this afternoon.

Thanks,
    Willie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Old Willie View Post
    I want to thank you guys again! I was looking in the wrong spot. I got the seat off and the new backrest installed. A nice day in southern Arizona and we were able to get a nice ride in this afternoon. We rode almost three hours this afternoon.

Thanks,
    Willie
    Good to hear, Willie I think most of us have been looking in the wrong spot when trying to first locate those tabs

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red