Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tried a Speaker Upgrade??

Anyone change OEM speakers w/o additional amp, etc.? Considering changing F3-T speakers maybe to Kicker plug & play. Changed to Kicker on prior bikes with noticeable quality enhancement.

No real complaints on OEM's but maybe a better sound would always be enjoyable. Looks like a simple change out.

No rear speakers needed. A forum sponsor has current sale with no s&h.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-28-2023 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My OEM speakers are muted. I have Sena headsets for a quality sound that solves those issues.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    Anyone change OEM speakers w/o additional amp, etc.? Considering changing F3-T speakers maybe to Kicker plug & play. Changed to Kicker on prior bikes with noticeable quality enhancement.

No real complaints on OEM's but maybe a better sound would always be enjoyable. Looks like a simple change out.

No rear speakers needed. A forum sponsor has current sale with no s&h.
    I pioneered using JBL 2-OHM speakers in my 14 RT. and they have worked out fine. .... No AMP is needed, the Spyders problem was the OEM garbage speakers. I also changed the rear speakers to 5.25 in. There have been reports here from others who have tried using better speakers in 2018 to present models. They said changing speakers didn't do much .... I find this hard to believe because the speakers can't tell what the source of the music is from..... After 2017 BRP radically changed the Audio system (and not for the better IMHO.... ) "Joel the Biker" solved this problem, shoot him a PM ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-28-2023 at 05:45 PM. Reason: siad