Quote Originally Posted by TCBoone View Post
Riding two up in traffic on multi lane streets is a regular routine at least for part of our rides. Of course, there is the lane change that requires a turn signal and then a manual cancel. Doing this while focusing on the traffic around us made it less than ideal to have to monitor the dash signal to see if the cancel was successful. Which all too often would revert to the opposite direction. Causing me to divert my attention toward the “blinker button” so I could stop the back and forth signaling and end the confusing signals traffic to our rear were seeing. (Yes, I know, I was that guy …)

Ok, maybe you have been riding for years and have never had this problem, I never have either while riding a number of two wheelers. The design of the stock BRP blinker button has a small flat spot and angled sides making it an issue for a large, gloved hand like mine to execute a straight-in push. Maybe some have better muscle memory and get the job done without a second thought, great!

I found a perfect solution for me, replace the stock part with a better design. One that allows a push that does not deflect to one side or another when all you want to do is cancel the turn signal. This is a very small and seemingly insignificant upgrade but for my wife and I who really enjoy our time riding, having fewer distractions provides a safer experience and is for us a worthwhile upgrade.

The first photo shows the original part with a small area required for a straight-in push to cancel; any contact with this button that is slightly off-center triggers the turn signal, usually in the opposite direction, instead of turning it off.

The second photo is of the replacement blinker button with a larger flat spot that is easy to find without taking my eyes off the road and cancels correctly every time.

I suspect there are some who consider this trivial, but when your attention is diverted it needs to be for a good reason and only briefly, not for a design flaw. Let us know have you ever experienced this problem?

For more information please send me a PM, Thanks

OEM1.jpg

BB2.jpg
I think we have about 7000 spyders in Australia - I'll take 7001 Love the idea