Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I have that exact one also, it was 3d printed. It works great if you can find one.
    Last edited by K80Shooter; 01-28-2023 at 06:48 PM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    One more example of BRP designing something with flaws and refusing to correct.
    It's not a design flaw. All my other bikes had same size, style, and shape. It's a standard size, used for decades. Now for some riders it's a bit of a problem to use. I understand that, rarely I have a problem. But Spyder will cancel signal after 30 seconds. My Honda won't cancel at all
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I try to do all the controls strictly from muscle memory to avoid distractions. Turn signal left or right is no problem, but cancelling the signal is a major PITA! Seems about 50% of the time its not 100% straight in and it breaks to one side or the other. This little add on could be a major help.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I wish he would come back and post. Where we can get one, cost, install? Tom
    Yes, he/she is “liking” the replies, but is not posting anything further, Tom

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The more you ride the more practice you get and you get used to it. I don't even look down when touching any of the control buttons. I learn where they are.
    I think nearly everyone other than newbies knows where there indicator button is without looking down at it, Flamewinger……that’s not the issue. The issue is not having your thumb dead centre due to the narrow face, and therefore pressing ever so slightly off centre……very easy to do, especially when you have large hands. A wider front face would reduce that incidence..

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 01-28-2023 at 04:24 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Tango, sent you a PM

For more information please send me a PM, Thanks
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yes, he/she is “liking” the replies, but is not posting anything further, Tom

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBoone View Post
    Tango, sent you a PM

TC is clearly trying to comply with the rules of the Forum about not 'advertising' this product or selling it here without becoming an advertiser/sponsor.

So as he's asked in the quote above, if you want more information, please send him a PM.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2023 at 05:01 PM. Reason: t
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Continuing to use the redesigned turn signal button or "blinker button" confirms one thing for me. BRP's lack of response to the feedback they were giving on this small item was a missed opportunity.

It is very simple to remove the stock part, and snap on the new one. It could help if BRP heard from more riders. If you have one, what do you think?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I received my button today……Forwarded to my Florida address.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2023 at 05:04 PM. Reason: .
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

What I do to create more friction on the Turn Signal and the Cruise Control buttons is to add small pieces of 3M Indoor/Outdoor (aka Safey Walk) Tread.

IMG_4954.jpg IMG_4955.jpg

Spyder Garage

Installed blinker button today, Went super easy. And while not 'road tested' because too cold, expect it will be a good improvement. Contacted frogmandave on this forum for the item.
    2020 Spyder F3-T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I think nearly everyone other than newbies knows where there indicator button is without looking down at it, Flamewinger……that’s not the issue. The issue is not having your thumb dead centre due to the narrow face, and therefore pressing ever so slightly off centre……very easy to do, especially when you have large hands. A wider front face would reduce that incidence..

Pete
    Then LEARN how to do it. I have no problems with it. Having gotten used to the self canceling signals the Goldwing has (both after a turn and after a few hundred feet down the road) I have had to learn how the new bike works. Not all MC’s are the same. Harleys have signal switches on both sides and turn signal to turn right you use the right switch.

Learn it
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Easy install. Like the feel of it.

Spyder Garage

I got one of these turn signal buttons. It arrived quickly and was an easy installation, just as advertised. It’s February in Wisconsin, so it’ll be a while before the button gets road tested, but it feels good in the garage. My guess is a lot of people will think this is a worthwhile upgrade.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2023 at 05:05 PM. Reason: .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Riding two up in traffic on multi lane streets is a regular routine at least for part of our rides. Of course, there is the lane change that requires a turn signal and then a manual cancel. Doing this while focusing on the traffic around us made it less than ideal to have to monitor the dash signal to see if the cancel was successful. Which all too often would revert to the opposite direction. Causing me to divert my attention toward the “blinker button” so I could stop the back and forth signaling and end the confusing signals traffic to our rear were seeing. (Yes, I know, I was that guy …)

Ok, maybe you have been riding for years and have never had this problem, I never have either while riding a number of two wheelers. The design of the stock BRP blinker button has a small flat spot and angled sides making it an issue for a large, gloved hand like mine to execute a straight-in push. Maybe some have better muscle memory and get the job done without a second thought, great!

I found a perfect solution for me, replace the stock part with a better design. One that allows a push that does not deflect to one side or another when all you want to do is cancel the turn signal. This is a very small and seemingly insignificant upgrade but for my wife and I who really enjoy our time riding, having fewer distractions provides a safer experience and is for us a worthwhile upgrade.

The first photo shows the original part with a small area required for a straight-in push to cancel; any contact with this button that is slightly off-center triggers the turn signal, usually in the opposite direction, instead of turning it off.

The second photo is of the replacement blinker button with a larger flat spot that is easy to find without taking my eyes off the road and cancels correctly every time.

I suspect there are some who consider this trivial, but when your attention is diverted it needs to be for a good reason and only briefly, not for a design flaw. Let us know have you ever experienced this problem?

TC, you were "SPOT ON" about this blinker button improvement, many thanks to you and Frogman Dave on this new found "Blinker Modification". Anyone with fumble fingers like mine should try out this simple add-on.

Thanks, Bill
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2023 at 05:05 PM. Reason: .
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Knizar, Thanks for your feedback!

Helps to have more of us talking about how well this works.

TC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Knizar, Thanks for your feedback!

Helps to have more of us talking about how well this works.

TC
    Not a problem, I even got an extra one to give to my brother who also fumbles with the cancel part of the OEM switch!

"A Quality Piece of Work" Bill
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-19-2023 at 01:01 PM. Reason: .
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

TC, I got this little mod last week. Went riding over the weekend and it has made a world of difference in both making the turn button easier to access (without having to look down to find it), as well as being able to reset the turn signal when it doesn't reset itself. This was especially difficult with heavy gloves, but even without gloves I was constantly hitting the button and sending the signal in the opposite direction. Thanks for the post! Every Spyder rider needs this.

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

I received my safety mod, it installed in seconds and makes a huge difference in using the turn signals.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.

Spyder Garage

+1, great product
    2018 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I got both buttons, like them both. No more blinker issues with incorrect results, and the shifter paddle is so much easier to shift.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2023 at 05:06 PM. Reason: .
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

Knizar, Nice list of upgrades in your signature. Like the latest one you just added!

Last edited by TCBoone; 02-09-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hi, I have this cancelling problem all the time on my 2021 RT. I will be sending you a PM. I just needed to make one post so the PM will go through.
    Thanks
    Larry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Riding two up in traffic on multi lane streets is a regular routine at least for part of our rides. Of course, there is the lane change that requires a turn signal and then a manual cancel. Doing this while focusing on the traffic around us made it less than ideal to have to monitor the dash signal to see if the cancel was successful. Which all too often would revert to the opposite direction. Causing me to divert my attention toward the “blinker button” so I could stop the back and forth signaling and end the confusing signals traffic to our rear were seeing. (Yes, I know, I was that guy …)

Ok, maybe you have been riding for years and have never had this problem, I never have either while riding a number of two wheelers. The design of the stock BRP blinker button has a small flat spot and angled sides making it an issue for a large, gloved hand like mine to execute a straight-in push. Maybe some have better muscle memory and get the job done without a second thought, great!

I found a perfect solution for me, replace the stock part with a better design. One that allows a push that does not deflect to one side or another when all you want to do is cancel the turn signal. This is a very small and seemingly insignificant upgrade but for my wife and I who really enjoy our time riding, having fewer distractions provides a safer experience and is for us a worthwhile upgrade.

The first photo shows the original part with a small area required for a straight-in push to cancel; any contact with this button that is slightly off-center triggers the turn signal, usually in the opposite direction, instead of turning it off.

The second photo is of the replacement blinker button with a larger flat spot that is easy to find without taking my eyes off the road and cancels correctly every time.

I suspect there are some who consider this trivial, but when your attention is diverted it needs to be for a good reason and only briefly, not for a design flaw. Let us know have you ever experienced this problem?

I think we have about 7000 spyders in Australia - I'll take 7001 Love the idea
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Got mine in the mail - both the indicator replacement button and the + shift paddle pad. Just maybe this coming weekend, I'll be able to get it off the wheel dollies and do some installs and the first shakedown ride of the year.
    2022 Sea to Sky