Spyder Garage

Default BRP Go disconnecting about 10 minutes into the ride

I have an iPhone 12 and didn't have any problems setting up BRP Go and use it with Sygic maps. At least everything works when I first start my ride--but every ride I've gone on with Sygic on the display, BRP Go disconnects after about 10 or 15 minutes. The only fix I've found is to pull over, disconnect my phone from the USB cable, restart BRP Go, and reconnect the phone.

My phone is set to allow background refresh on both GO and Sygic.

Any ideas (besides buy a Garmin)?
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BRP Go app (or BRP Connect) doesn’t control connections. Only music and sounds are using Bluetooth. The data and screen is via the cable so I don’t know how it could disconnect.

Some iPhones tend to lock (screen goes off) out of the blue. I keep my iPhone set to never lock and whenever I put it in my pocket I touch the lock button. Sygic should be set to keep it open when using. Make sure everything is up to date.

One thing I do about every two weeks is shut the phone off, wait a few minutes then turn on again. It refreshes things on the phone and it works better.

Also make sure you are using a paid version of Sygic and not the free one week.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-27-2023 at 06:00 PM. Reason: consecutive posts within moments of each other??
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I don't know about an IPhone but Android the battery saver puts apps to sleep. I had to make sure BRP Go and associated apps like Sygic are set to never sleep in the battery manager to stop that from happening.
    2021 Syder RT Limited