Spyder Garage

Default F3 Ltd vs RT Ltd - does one feel less heat than the other?

Any experience on F3 vs RT with driver felt heat in traffic i.e. does one feel better than the other? I'm in FL and a lot of my driving will be around town and short drives. I currently run a Ryker and of it's wide open.

Spyder Garage

I don’t feel the heat from mine.
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

My experience with having a 2020 RTL and then now with a 2022 F3L Lmt. is yes the RTL shows no signs of engine heat, while the opened F3 gives off a little noticed heat but nothing that would be considered annoying on long or short trips in summer. I ride with shorts on when it is in the upper 30's to low 40's and it feels sorta nice while in summer with jeans, it is not noticed. Only bike I had that the engine heat was unbearable was the 2016 Indian Roadmaster- scalding heat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kmonroe99 View Post
    Any experience on F3 vs RT with driver felt heat in traffic i.e. does one feel better than the other? I'm in FL and a lot of my driving will be around town and short drives. I currently run a Ryker and of it's wide open.
    I just went from a '21 F3 LTD to a '22 RT LTD and prior even to that had a '12 RT. Your feet and ankles will definitely feel more heat from the F3.

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kmonroe99 View Post
    The RT has more panels than the F3 to shield heat away by design or by function (better airflow at speed).

I suppose the only real way to find out is to test ride the models and discover first-hand, but I'm *guessing* you will feel less heat with the RT ........ though I could be wrong.

Let us know what you find out !!
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I had a 2017 F3 LTD I now have a 2021 RT On my 2017 F3 LTD I never felt any heat from the F3 , even in bumper to bumper traffic with a temp of 102 . I felt the heat from the Black top. On the 2021 RT no heat from the RT at all.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

I had a 2020 F3S SS and now have a 2022 F3L SS. The wife has a 2021 RTL. Definitely more felt heat from the F3 as others have mentioned, but it is not unbearable. It is felt enough to definitely make cold weather riding more tolerable on the F3 as opposed to the RT. But what you gain in leg warmth you lose at hands, as the RT's mirrors do a much better job of deflecting most wind away from hands, at least with my wife's set up that includes a handlebar riser.
    James C
    2022 F3 Limited Special Series

Spyder Garage

I had older RT's and they gave off heat, went to a 2019 F3L and the only time the heat was annoying was when riding in the rain in the middle of the summer on a long trip meaning like 400-500 miles stopping only for fuel and a drink, it kinda felt like a steam bath.
    I now have a 2022 RTL and no heat that I have noticed.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents