Spyder Garage

Default Did anyone add that steering stabilizer/dampener to their bike?

I'm not trying to drive traffic to their site, but someone makes a steering stabilizer (adjustable) with fabricated brackets that looks pretty sweet. Some reviewers are saying the bike stays straighter, but most are either given the thing for free or are selling it. Wanted to get a unbiased opinion from someone not making money off it.

I don't know these guys and I'm not linking it, but if you are curious as to what I am talking about go to a site called ryker mod.

Spyder Garage

I installed it. Here’s the thing: I used to have a 2019 rally with an F4 windshield. I sold it last year, but one of the issues I had was I didn’t like the feedback in the steering and with the weight of the F4 windshield, it made it worse. Fast forward to last August, regretting sellling my 2019 I got a good deal on a 2022 Rally and installed the same F4 windshield. I got the stabilizer based on my past experiences but I also didn’t realize how much better the 2022 is in suspension and handling. I think the stabilizer helps, it does seem to wander less and have less bump feedback but I run the damper on 7 or 8. I need to do more trials next spring to find the sweet spot and to compare some more. My feeling is the difference would be greater on the 2019 model.

Spyder Garage

Interesting about stability with the 2022's. My Sport does seem stable.

That F4 windshield any help with buffeting for a passenger?

Spyder Garage

Thank you for replying. I didn't know the 22 had that much better suspension and handling. I assume Can am isn't stupid and sees the aftermarket sales and incorporates "options" into their bikes. Every other manufacturer does it. I would love to buy a stock ryker with all the doodads already on it, well, if the price was right.

Spyder Garage

I would go as far as saying the difference between the 2019 and 2022 Rally in terms of refinement is very similar to the differences between the 2019 and 2020+ RT (I had a 2016 and now a 2021). It’s the little things like less noise, better suspension and handling, less bottoming out, much better seat, etc.

Spyder Garage

I added a steering damper to my 2022 ryker sport made the most difference. I had originally changed to a bajaron sway bar and links which did help to a certain extent but it was the steering damper that changed her completely. Was an easy enough install with the video I watched. Would definitely recommend this upgrade to allow for better riding and handling of the ryker.

Spyder Garage

I installed the steering stabilizer on the wife's 2020 Rally on Saturday. The only thing I can see is the rod, when I turn the wheels to the right, slightly hits the plastic side panel and I can't figure out how to fix it. I thought about maybe cutting a 1/2" off the piston rod so it'll clear the plastic. Anyone else run into this issue?
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Added the Ryker Mod stab to my 2019 Rally and it made a noticeable improvement to the handling, now if I can just get it to stop the wobble in left turns I'll be happy !

Spyder Garage

I actually did have to lop off about an inch of the piston rod. Could'a take a little more off but all I wanted was for the rod not to keep hitting the plastic panel. I installed it according to the instructions but no matter what tweaks I made, it still hit the plastic at some level. The wife does love it though. She says there's a noticeable difference.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
    I'm not trying to drive traffic to their site, but someone makes a steering stabilizer (adjustable) with fabricated brackets that looks pretty sweet. Some reviewers are saying the bike stays straighter, but most are either given the thing for free or are selling it. Wanted to get a unbiased opinion from someone not making money off it.

I don't know these guys and I'm not linking it, but if you are curious as to what I am talking about go to a site called ryker mod.
    I am making money off it, but I think I make pretty honest videos

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-23-2023 at 03:11 PM. Reason: amking - making ;-)

Spyder Garage

I just installed the Ryker Mods one on my 2019 rally. I have only been riding it the past 2 days on twisties and then on highway. I have noticed an appreciable difference in stability on bumpy and uneven roads - it does not do the squirrelly thing nearly as much. However......there is a trade off - at first I was thinking, wow, why is it so difficult to steer around the twisties, then I realized that is the trade off with the dampener - the steering will be stiffer. So you have to play with it to find your sweet spot. I was riding 2-up and found setting 3 to be the best all around and 4 on the highway so far. For the '19 rally it seems to make a difference, but you do lose that nimble sensation a bit in the twisties. For me it is a good add-on
    2019 Rally , Black / Yellow