Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know of a Right hand trigger throttle that will work on F3's?

So I only have my right arm and I'm getting an F3 Spyder. I have never been a twist throttle guy (snowmobile and ATVs), so I want to convert it to the Sea Doo trigger throttle as they are both drive by wire throttles. Does anybody happen to know the part number of a throttle known to work with the Spyders?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-24-2023 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just looked at the parts diagram for a 2019 Sea Doo RXT, (epc.brp.com). It shows a throttle sensor on both the left and right sides of the handlebar. That indicates to me there is a lot of difference between the throttle signaling system between the Sea Doo and the Spyder. I think you would be in for an almost insurmountable challenge to convert the Spyder throttle to a Sea Doo throttle. The only thing they have in common is the throttle by wire concept. I wouldn't count on the throttle position sensor to be anywhere near the same electrical characteristic between the two.

IMO, your most practical avenue is to learn to live with the twist throttle. In my experience controlling vehicle speed on my Spyder is a lot more sure and precise with the twist throttle than with the thumb throttle on my ATV.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A long time Yamaha has a THUMB throttle for one of their snowmobiles, I had one but can't remember the name. Since it was over 30 years ago, I doubt any parts would be available .... good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Ahh, I was mistaken, it was from a skidoo, not a sea-doo. I didn't want to resurrect a dead thread, but there was a post from 6 years ago where a person did this mod and posted pictures of it:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...24#post1241624

IMG_20160322_145035.jpg IMG_20160322_133128.jpg

I asked them for part numbers back then but the user that posted it never came back.

But I think I found a part that will work, number 43 on this image. Part number 512061113

image_2023-01-24_194803830.jpg

I'll order one up and let everybody know the outcome!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 05:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Maybe Throttle buddy on thumb side?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Well here are my thoughts..... I think it's not a good idea at all and suggest you reconsider. Have you ridden a bike at all..... motorcycle for hours, at all?? .......it's not all blittt and brapppp.

But if you need the grip with the fingers and need it... Well, OK if it works. There is a bloke who races bikes on track days locally here in NZ who uses the twist throttle. Yes, he has a quick shifter. He has one arm as well, & he is hard to beat.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 05:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

We have a member of our BattleBorn Spyders who does not have the use of hts right arm because of a motorcycle accident. His spyder has a FOOT controlled (left foot) adapted from another CanAm product. He gets around the twistys here just fine!!
    Go to Facebook and input Battleborn Spyders and look for Jake. He is helpful and can give more info.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow