Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know a way of Finding more legroom on a Ryker?

I'm looking for a way to get a little more legroom. If the pegs were down an inch or two and forward two or three inches I would be feeling much better on longer rides. I've got them pushed all the way forward right now. The floorboards pictures I've seen look like they ride at the same height, so not sure if they would help at all? Anyone with a cost effective idea (pegs or other) that I could try? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I have a 34 inch inseam and added the show chrome commander footboards to mine. The angle adjustability in the floorboards made my ride comfort (particularly my knees) much more comfortable.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2023 at 05:11 PM. Reason: ajastabality - adjustability ;-)
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

There are highway pegs you could get for stretching your legs out farther. The brake pedal would still be in the same place so would need to pull your right foot off the highway peg to brake.

Spyder Garage

You can also look at upgrading the seat. I added a Corbin seat, besides reducing PIA, it sits up, and back. That redefines your leg position. Most third-party seats will add some reposition that could help you.

Spyder Garage

Agree that legroom is an issue. One quick tip - DO NOT buy the SE Performance floorboards. They use a thick plate above the foot peg that further reduces the seat to peg distance and has other problems. I messed up throwing money away on them. Installing a set of Can AM floorboards today that have their own pegs and adjust the angle also. Should be better.

My main solution was to get an Ultimate seat. It makes me much higher than any stock low seat. Just look.
    IMG_5485.jpg

Spyder Garage

Should be better... Understatement.

IMG_5631.jpg

Zoom in and read the tape. These are the Can Am footpegs I just put on. I can stretch out my leg straight off the front of the board.

IMG_5628.jpg

On the brake pedal side I am able to fit my boot under the brake pedal and stretch out a bit. Unless you go over the brake pedal a straight leg position on that side is to reasonable. Still is very comfortable and the boards are lower than those stupid SE Performance boards.

IMG_5629.jpg

This is the answer for room and strength. You can full stand on them and by design, they handle the weight without bending.
    Last edited by Captainmal; 01-26-2023 at 08:51 PM. Reason: pictures did not show

Spyder Garage

Captainmal, do those floorboards allow for tilting up?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CsOldGrayDog View Post
    Captainmal, do those floorboards allow for tilting up?
    Yes. Up and down.

There is a notched ring that mates from the mount with one on the foot peg. A rather large bolt under the peg allows you to set the board to the angle you choose.

Yesterday I played with those adjustments. Settled on the left one a single notch different so the board now tilts up just a little. One the brake side I tried tilting the front DOWN one notch. That would allow me to get my large booted foot under the brake pedal without contact. That I did not like as it made the back of the boot go up and was not comfortable to me. Adjusted it back flat where there is contact with the top of my boot if I choose to place it under the pedal. Much more comfortable flat as in the picture above.

Here is the left one set up slightly. You can compare this picture to the one of the left one above.

IMG_5640.jpg

Going to remove the brake pedal cover and see if the original, small brake pedal is now more accessible. That might allow my foot to rest forward along the side of the pedal. Just playing. That's a quality of this design. I sure like it.
    Last edited by Captainmal; 01-27-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Pulled off the brake pedal cover. Went for a ride. Came home and tilted the floor board up one notch.

PURRRRFECT. You can stretch your leg out comfortably past the brake pedal. Then if fast braking is needed, any kind of "stomp" hits that little pedal just right. Job done. The Can Am boards rule.
    Last edited by Captainmal; 01-29-2023 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Pulled off the brake pedal cover. Went for a ride. Came home and tilted the floor board up one notch.

PURRRRFECT. You can stretch your leg out comfortably past the brake pedal. Then if fast braking is needed, any kind of "stomp" hits that little pedal just right. Jobe done. The Can Am boards rule.
    Thank you for the full answer, I have the larger brake peddle as well, and have struggled with positioning my foot.

Spyder Garage

Rode quite a bit today. Everything I said is correct.

The answer was a set of those Can Am boards and removing the extended/padded brake pedal cover. Kind of surprised that extended cover was not a good thing. Surprised that with these boards it is way better and simply "right" to have the regular brake pedal. Live and learn.

Spyder Garage

Sit in the passenger seat!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...