Spyder Garage

Default Any other place to tap into 12 volt power for accessories?

2022 RT-L other than the supplied power on the right side is there any other place to tap into for 12 volt power.
    trying to avoid constant power from the battery.

thanks stephan
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2023 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Slice, many have found that adding an accessory fuse block to be helpful. You want something similar to the unit shown in the link so that you can have multiple connections, all controlled when you turn the key.
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/show...ock-lamonster/
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    2022 RT-L other than the supplied power on the right side is there any other place to tap into for 12 volt power.

thanks stephan
    Depending on how much current your planned accessories will draw you would be best off by installing a separate fuse box powered direct from the battery and switched on an off by tapping into a switched circuit. It's for cases like this where buying a service manual from www.canammanuals.com for about $30 would be well worth the investment. They have wiring diagrams in them. I can't give you specific info since I'm not familiar with the 2020+ Spyders.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Best solution for a single accessory is to add a relay switched by the 'GPS' key-on wire and connect to your battery. On top of that, you can install a 'fuse block' to drive multiple accessories. Some fuse blocks have built-in relays and circuit breakers instead of fuses.

relay diagram.jpg
    Last edited by RayBJ; 01-23-2023 at 01:56 PM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

As EdMat mentioned above, I have found a smart fuse block the best option, Stephan. I’m using the Neutrino, which is pricey at around $250usd, but it has relays, adjustable ampage loads, battery tender connector, switched/unswitched power, etc etc, so you only need one pair of wires running to your battery. It is configurable via your smartphone. There are other, cheaper options of course, without all the bells and whistles.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

on the Neutrino. That's what I use also as I like the additional features. Seems to be over budget for what Slice wants and needs at this time unless he already has multiple items to hook up.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SLICE -- what circuit(s) are you trying to control? That greatly your fuse block choices. BTW the L-M fuse block is great value for money.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

thanks stephan
    I have a '17 RTL and the lighter socket in the rear top box has two options in the main fuse box. Default is configured with power via Acessories, the other direct from Battery - is the same in the '22 by chance?

There may also be a plug under the seat for the trailer harness. It has a 12V 15A supply not regulated by the Canbus etc.
    Last edited by askitee; 01-23-2023 at 06:05 PM. Reason: late thought
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

guess i'm gonna have to go right off the battery, i all ready have to big a draw off the supplied accessory wire to splice in a trigger wire for a relay for a fuse block.

Spyder Garage

Like the others have mentioned go with a fuse block... I use the Show Chrome one sold by Lamonster.. Using the one for the RT makes it very easy and it fits the F3T and the F3L.. Just add in the harness connector and Voila you have a bunch of circuits for Turn signal, brake, Ignition on or off power... Only 90 bucks to isolate all your additional stuff from the bike.
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/elec...ent-lamonster/
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Here's what I plan to do with my '22 RTL. I have all the pieces, I just need to install everything.
    Wiring_diagram.jpg
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    As EdMat mentioned above, I have found a smart fuse block the best option, Stephan. I’m using the Neutrino, which is pricey at around $250usd, but it has relays, adjustable ampage loads, battery tender connector, switched/unswitched power, etc etc, so you only need one pair of wires running to your battery. It is configurable via your smartphone. There are other, cheaper options of course, without all the bells and whistles.

Pete
    I also agree with the Neutrino and I'm currently in the process of replacing a FZ-1 Fuzeblock with the Neutrino. The Neutrino is pricey but I like the automation of controlling my accessories. The FZ-1 Fuzeblock is also good and may be something to consider. Install the FZ-1 in an area that won't get wet since it's not waterproof.

Neutrino - https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/details

FZ-1 - https://www.fuzeblocks.com/Fuzeblock...Block_p_1.html
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

guess i'm gonna have to go right off the battery, i all ready have to big a draw off the supplied accessory wire to splice in a trigger wire for a relay for a fuse block.
    You'll want to connect directly to the battery for the load circuit but don't worry about the trigger tie in. The relay will absorb so little current it won't make any difference what keyed circuit you connect it to.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage
    2019 F3 S
    2019 f3-s , Blue