Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas on what's causing this 2022 F3 vibration?

At over 70 and at around 3900 RPM I get an occasional vibration that feels like a rough road rather than a wheel balance issue. It's not constant but comes and goes. Any ideas ? Is that what it fees like if you need a belt tensioner?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2023 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by locomotion40 View Post
    At over 70 and at around 3900 RPM I get an occasional vibration that feels like a rough road rather than a wheel balance issue. It's not constant but comes and goes. Any ideas ? Is that what it fees like if you need a belt tensioner?
    Is yours equipped witha factory belt dampener? If not, they’re not expensive.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's interesting that you mention " rough road ". It's rarely talked about here in connection to viberation.... however IMHO " rough roads " are more likely " road TEXTURE " issues .... ie. - what the surface composition consists of .... When you encounter this vibration make note of the actual surface at the time .... if / when the vibration goes away see if the surface changed ...... that may be the cause ...... Mike ..... If you think that vibration is a problem or just annoying ......Imagine how you will feel if the tensioner wheel FAILS ( and they have )and you trash your drive belt ( this has also happened !!!!! .... Plus do you think this is going to occur in your garage ????? .... Sometimes fixing very, very minor issues can have Catastrophic consequences..... I had some belt vibes ...I lowered the belt tension and now I can't feel them .... good luck .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 01-23-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes it sounds like you need the belt tensioner. The best is the BRP version but with LaMonster bearing and wheel. Check Spyderpops or LaMonsterGarage. Easy install. YouTube videos.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I suggest to check belt tension (use the Krikit II belt tension gauge), if your belt is too loose the addition of the belt tensioner may not correct the vibration. I then added the Lamonster belt tensioner to both Spyders, which corrected the vibrations we were getting. Hope this helps.

Also take a look at the front pulley CanAm has a recall on them, check your VIN against the recall listing
    2020 RT , Lamonster Brake Pedal Riser Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cdavis6 View Post
    I suggest to check belt tension (use the Krikit II belt tension gauge), if your belt is too loose the addition of the belt tensioner may not correct the vibration. I then added the Lamonster belt tensioner to both Spyders, which corrected the vibrations we were getting. Hope this helps.

Also take a look at the front pulley CanAm has a recall on them, check your VIN against the recall listing
    I agree. Before adding a belt dampener, check belt tension. (the tensioners are at the back of the axle. A belt dampener adds almost no belt tension). Then, if you still get annoying belt vibration, (which I think is most likely your issue. You will feel it most in your left foot peg). Then look into a QUALITY belt dampener. It doesn't pay to cut corners on this item as if it goes bad, it will quickly take your belt with it.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default 2022 F3 Limited occasional vibration at 75 mph

A local Spyder mechanic said my 2022 F3 Limited already has a factory installed belt tensioner. Is he correct? Also is a 2022 F3 like mine included in the front sprocket recall?

Spyder Garage

A local Spyder mechanic said my 2022 F3 Limited already has a factory installed belt tensioner. Is he correct?
    Yes

Also is a 2022 F3 like mine included in the front sprocket recall?
    No.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I have the same vibration and it is not the road.
    2022 F3L (If it will ever come in)

Spyder Garage

I had similar vibration and it was the front Kenda stock tires out of round.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.