Spyder Garage

Default Need instructions for Changing Ignition Switch on F3-S 2016

Does anyone have a link or instructions to change an ignition switch on a 2016 Spyder F3-S. Some punk attempted to steal my baby and stuck something in the ignition switch. I don't think anything is jammed in there as I've looked as far as I could with a light and also have wiggles inside with something, but my key won't fit all the way in and stops about 1/4 of an inch from its natural position, therefore I can't turn the key. I'm no big time mechanic but I'd like to think that i can get myself out of major jams when performing issues on my cars and trucks. I have also done all the maintenance on mt F-3 over the last 3 years and have had no problems. I'm kind of stuck as I don't know the exact bolts (if any) to remove from the cylinder in order to remove it. I don't want to just start pulling on things and break something. Any help would be appreciated if they have experienced this. I've searched up and down on youtube and online to find videos and have been unsuccessful. Thanks guys/girls.

Spyder Garage

This is BRP's instructions area:
    https://instructions.brp.com/e-instruction.html#tab=2

I did a search by "ignition switch" below:
    https://instructions.brp.com/e-instr...ition%20switch

Hopefully you can find what you need there... I don't think you are gonna safely get the switch itself apart and back together... But maybe a locksmith could once you have it out?

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

If you're trying to get the switch out of its seated position on the "dash" the ring turns counterclockwise ~1/4 turn then releases the switch.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White