Spyder Garage

Default can I change just One LED Headlight if the other still works?

I have a 2021 F3 Limited that I had LED headlights put in in February 2021. I usually run them on bright & the right one quit working. The regular or dim still work. Can I just replace the right, should I replace the set, or is there a way to fix the right one? Just hate taking all of that apart again.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-19-2023 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2013 ST SE5
    2021 F3 Limited , Titanium

Spyder Garage

They can be changed individually. Just make sure it is the same mfg'er or the lumens/color most likely will be different... Unless you have the ability to source/solder LED chips, no way of fixing it, just replace it. FWIW, I have a set of LM units in my 2015 that have worked for the last 7 years! ;-) Maybe get a refund on BOTH of yours and go with Lamont's stuff?

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LEDs

... My Tip: Replace them both at the same time. Why, because the brightness will not be the same from the old to the new LED. Usually, they seem to fail within 2 or 3 months after replacing the first one. Been there and done that, so NOW I Know.

I always tell people to bite the Bullet and save the headache for something else.
    Stay Healthy. ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-19-2023 at 03:35 PM. Reason: bit - bite ;-)
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Lamont has a video on what panels must come off. Here is another video that I found particularly helpful. Having recently done both of mine, believe me there is no shortcut. Watch the videos and take the panels off in the order described. It's not as bad as it sound/looks as most of the panels snap off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNksLfAKu0A
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2023 at 08:24 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    They can be changed individually. Just make sure it is the same mfg'er or the lumens/color most likely will be different... Unless you have the ability to source/solder LED chips, no way of fixing it, just replace it. FWIW, I have a set of LM units in my 2015 that have worked for the last 7 years! ;-) Maybe get a refund on BOTH of yours and go with Lamont's stuff?
    .... and I have never seen LED's sold singly ..... plus un-less the one that's out, somehow was caused by damage the other one is likely to fail in the not to distant future ...... Mike