Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron's new Ultra Sway bar is great!

Called Ron's shop on ordering some stuff including a sway bar, and was offered the option of a new Ultra bar over the original. Heavier option for aggressive 2 up, or chubby riders........😎 I do ride 2 up and also like pushing the corners. Cannot say how much better it is over his original bar, but rock solid over the stock one. I just did 150 miles in the southern Sierra Nevada's, lot's of good curves!! And was great!! I personally see no reason to ad upgraded shocks at this point, Maybe when my original ones are shot. For sure, another happy Spyder rider!!

IMG_3133.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-19-2023 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    2021 RT LT

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PJveetwin View Post
    Called Ron's shop on ordering some stuff including a sway bar, and was offered the option of a new Ultra bar over the original. Heavier option for aggressive 2 up, or chubby riders........�� I do ride 2 up and also like pushing the corners. Cannot say how much better it is over his original bar, but rock solid over the stock one. I just did 150 miles in the southern Sierra Nevada's, lot's of good curves!! And was great!! I personally see no reason to ad upgraded shocks at this point, Maybe when my original ones are shot. For sure, another happy Spyder rider!!

IMG_3133.jpg
    IMHO folks who opt for " performance shocks ", will always say they are FANTASTIC ..... WHY ????? .... because they just dropped a lot of money on them. ..... I advise - be happy with the SWAY Bar - it's really the only thing that WON"T cause comfort issues ( unless the new shocks AND springs are dialed in PERFECTLY for your weight & riding style. ..... JMHO .... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That bar has got to definitely be a lot easier to install than the one piece bar.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO folks who opt for " performance shocks ", will always say they are FANTASTIC ..... WHY ????? .... because they just dropped a lot of money on them. ..... I advise - be happy with the SWAY Bar - it's really the only thing that WON"T cause comfort issues ( unless the new shocks AND springs are dialed in PERFECTLY for your weight & riding style. ..... JMHO .... good luck .... Mike
    Well Mike we are going to have to agree to disagree. on this one!! I know in my case with my 2012, after the first year with that I decided that a sway bar was the first thing on my to do list, and the shocks that came on it, well I would not put such a thing on a dung cart! Yes I gladly forked out the cash and have never looked back, if you would like my old set of pogo sticks I will give them to you!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    That bar has got to definitely be a lot easier to install than the one piece bar.
    Its practically the same. you still need the get the spyder high enough to take the old bar out.

Spyder Garage

The Man that imports and sell Baja Rons bar here in Aussie had one person put into his Spyder in his yard who just dug a trench so he could get it out and in I think he used a trolly jack as well, it always help thinking outside the box.
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well Mike we are going to have to agree to disagree. on this one!! I know in my case with my 2012, after the first year with that I decided that a sway bar was the first thing on my to do list, and the shocks that came on it, well I would not put such a thing on a dung cart! Yes I gladly forked out the cash and have never looked back, if you would like my old set of pogo sticks I will give them to you!!
    Thank you very much ...... but the shipping would be prohibitively expensive ..... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fullyallamathic View Post
    Its practically the same. you still need the get the spyder high enough to take the old bar out.
    True, unless you use a cutting torch to cut one end off the old one!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Mike, I have to somewhat agree with your post. Having had the swaybar for a couple years before the shocks I did not feel the major change in handling that I would have felt if I had changed out the shocks first. $ for $ the swaybar is a better deal. What I did feel after the shocks was during heavy braking the nose did not just dive, far more controlled weight transfer that made braking feel even better.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    True, unless you use a cutting torch to cut one end off the old one!
    Sawzall works great.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Mike, I have to somewhat agree with your post. Having had the swaybar for a couple years before the shocks I did not feel the major change in handling that I would have felt if I had changed out the shocks first. $ for $ the swaybar is a better deal. What I did feel after the shocks was during heavy braking the nose did not just dive, far more controlled weight transfer that made braking feel even better.
    And I somewhat agree with you .... " performance shocks & springs " do & cause different results than a " heavy duty Sway Bar " ..... that the shocks & springs will help with Brake DIVE, however I hope you or anyone else ISN'T constantly making panic stops. I have made a few while driving, but to pay the penalty of a Less comfortable ride, to me isn't worth the trade-off ..... JMHO .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 01-20-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Sawzall works great.
    The mind boggles at what general and expensive damage “I” could do to the underneath of my Spyder (and also to ME) if I attempted to use a Sawzall or a torch while lying on my back under my Spyder, Navydad.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I do agree with you, Mike, but I find it is “horses for courses”. I didn’t buy my Ikon shocks to provide better cornering PLUS better comfort. It was the comfort issue I was primarily interested in. With the stock shocks, I hit the bottom of the frame when going over a small rise in the road as I am a heavy rider. With the new heavier duty Ikons, that has disappeared, without compromising comfort. There may be a slight improvement in cornering, but I wasn’t looking for that.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I do agree with you, Mike, but I find it is “horses for courses”. I didn’t buy my Ikon shocks to provide better cornering PLUS better comfort. It was the comfort issue I was primarily interested in. With the stock shocks, I hit the bottom of the frame when going over a small rise in the road as I am a heavy rider. With the new heavier duty Ikons, that has disappeared, without compromising comfort. There may be a slight improvement in cornering, but I wasn’t looking for that.

Pete
    Pete, did you read about the person who wanted to know WHY Spyders weren't designed for SHORT people???? ... same thing applies here with "performance shocks" .... If someone happens to be out of the Normal range (body or size) there are things that can be done to accommodate them; BUT when someone changes something, it doesn't always turn out Better. Having a stiffer suspension can correct handling issues, but it should be understood that there can be UN-WANTED consequences too. I made my post to reflect that possibility. There are folks who do things (without full knowledge of what can also happen) and are very surprised by the outcome. I'm not shy about criticizing BRP engineers who change things that aren't broken & the end result is a poorer product (like the DESS module or the FRONT Sprockets which may not have been done by them, but "we'll never know for sure on that one") ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2023 at 04:55 PM. Reason: ' 's + sproket - sprocket + ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Yes, we are on the same page, Mike. I was just commenting that there are reasons other than “performance” for some riders to move to aftermarket shocks.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bars

Going to get a sway bar for my 2021 S2S, just wondering if the added cost of the Ultra bar worth it, thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-27-2023 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Watching.................
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

That figures, I just bought/installed the "standard" model. Only to find out I already had one.

I have to say that if the BR sway bar is an improvement, I'd hate to see what the OEM one was like. But I'd have for sure opted for the "Ultra" model if I'd known. Not sure I want to go through all that again along with the cost.

I've got some M2 shocks on order. Supply chain issues seem to be holding them up. I'm mostly looking for being able to ride two up without having to rely on the sketchy air system.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

You need to call Ron and talk to him tell him how you ride like two up or aggressive and he will tell you what you needed I just talk to him the other day about this and he told me what he thought I needed no pressure to buy either one. I already had his original one after talking to him I going to the ultra. Just call him you get the right straight answer

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
    The Man that imports and sell Baja Rons bar here in Aussie had one person put into his Spyder in his yard who just dug a trench so he could get it out and in I think he used a trolly jack as well, it always help thinking outside the box.
    This is how I got my bar in on my F3 no trench needed just ramps, truck, and safety chains.

IMG_20210917_131110559.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    This is how I got my bar in on my F3 no trench needed just ramps, truck, and safety chains.

IMG_20210917_131110559.jpg
    I really like this method. Highly recommended if you can pull it off. I even had a customer go down the street to a neighbor and ask, knowing they had this equipment. It's worth a try!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I picked up the sway bar when I was ordering stuff from Lamonster. There was no other sway bar listed.

Fortunately my brother was a mechanic for years, so he's got a really big floor jack and very tall jack stands.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I've been lazy in getting this done, I had a friends trailer lined up to use the ramps but he ended up moving.

now I'm hosed on how to get this done, I wonder if I can return it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    I've been lazy in getting this done, I had a friends trailer lined up to use the ramps but he ended up moving.

now I'm hosed on how to get this done, I wonder if I can return it.
    It would be a shame to miss out. Maybe wait and see if the new neighbor can help?

But if you purchased from us. Yes, of course it can be returned.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I really like this method. Highly recommended if you can pull it off. I even had a customer go down the street to a neighbor and ask, knowing they had this equipment. It's worth a try!
    One of the keys with this method is ramp spacing, you need to have your wheels positioned as close to the inside of the ramps as safely possible in order to access everything. If your wheels are on the outside of the ramps you will not have enough room to maneuver even if you have the proper height.

And remember to take your tailgate off so you do not damage the hinges.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 03-29-2023 at 05:51 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black