Spyder Garage

Default Which side is the hex, which side the torx Oil change plugs?

I am doing the first oil/filter change on my S2S. Due to problems with bending, I am getting a friend to remove the oil drain plugs, he is a qualified motor tech. Just so I hand him the correct tools, when sitting on the bike which side is the hex. and which side is the torxs head. I will be replacing them with hexagon headed units from Lamonster.
    Thanks,
    Alan.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2023 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

The crankcase plug requires a T45 Torx bit (on the left side of the bike as you sit on it, naturally) and the transmission, aka clutch cover, plug is a 6 mm Allen on the right. There are no hex head plugs unless someone has swapped out the OEM plugs for them. FWIW, the threads on the OEM crankcase plug are very sharp. When I changed oil before switching to hex head plugs I always put a piece of painters tape on the crankcase plug threads to protect new O-rings when I was installing them and still do so eve though the hex head plug threads are not as sharp..
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Oil drain plugs.

Thank you JayBros, that is everything I wanted to know.
    Regards,
    Alan.